+1

Sea doo lrv ride quality?

I'm wanting an lrv. My 95 xp is beating my back to death. Just how good does the lrv handle choppy/rough water? It's on a very busy lake. I'd think it's the most comfy ski ever made?

+1
    It rides like a larger version of the 99-02 GTX 951. Pretty flat bottom ski, but the weight does help. A 95 XP is near the bottom for ride "quality"-- they are pretty much give away machines around here.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointhunter75 View Post
    I'm wanting an lrv. My 95 xp is beating my back to death. Just how good does the lrv handle choppy/rough water? It's on a very busy lake. I'd think it's the most comfy ski ever made?
    You might actually like a GTI/GTX just as well or better, there are some unique handling differences once you cast aside the small XP hull and join us old guys riding floating couches

The LRV is fun on semi flat water, turning and handling are ok. Get into the wind and waves with one and you need a football field to persuade that big back end to come around and the extra length and rear width for me seemed to force the nose into rough chop way to much in any sort of following sea as compared to one of the 10' ski's like the GTI I ride.

I got into a following sea on an LRV once, for about a half mile to make it into the channel opening in Lake Michigan in small two foot waves and I was ready to set fire to it when I got back to the shop, that was not fun at all.

We ride the Great Lakes on them here and it get's darn rough in large vessel wakes and a typical 2-3' chop, the LRV was horrible in those conditions more or less trying to steer the darn thing where the 10' models are much better handling and responsive while having all that extra hull and room to take the stress of your lower back as compared to that 95 XP.

You'll love it the first time you get on a GTI/GTX or larger LRV and discover it has no interest in tipping over sideways, heck even a pretty good size guy can stand up and lean way over side to side and not get tossed in.

I rode a 95 XP up until last year and let a buddy call it his this season, my back does not miss it at all. Where you located OP? I have a customer close to here on the river with an LRV he'd gladly let you try and there's always a few things here in the shop ready for a test ride you should cruise a few and see what you like best.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Lrv's rock imo

04 RXP, 15 GTI SE 155, 00 RX, 02 GTX DI ldmoore87's Avatar
    +1
    98> xpl handle chop pretty well and they have a shock under the seat �� they are a little tipsy though .

+1
    Get a 1996 or newer GTX with the 787 engine and you will be loving riding again. The LRV is horribly under powered and the 951 is a much less reliable engine than the 787.

+1
    Thanks everybody. I'm in north Alabama on lake guntersville. So the chop we have is mostly from bass boats, PWC and some ski boats. Nothing like the great lakes. I should have mentioned that. The lrv just seems so cool and unique, I think that's why I want one. I don't even have kids or a wife. Lol maybe I should rethink it. I'd Like to have a four stroke. My brother has a kawi stx 15 that he loves.

+1
    You wouldn't have any issues riding an LRV in the Guntersville area, in fact it's just about perfect for that kind of water I own some property close to you just above Scottsboro in the mountains and fish that area a few times a year over the winter months.

Guntersville is a stop that should be on everyone's bucket list, one of the best kept secrets in the country for water destinations.

+1
    Good info waterluvr. Yeah it's a beautiful area and a top 3 bass lake in the country. It stays covered up because of that.

Thread Information