Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Titan_Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pottstown PA
    Posts
    852
    +1
    177

    2014 RXT-X 260 Riva waterbox

    Does anybody know if the Riva waterbox will work with the stock exhaust location? I am getting mixed answers here and would like to get a solid answer before I order up the stuff. Thanks


  2. #2
    dpracing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    1,246
    +1
    246
    Are you intending to keep the stock resonator in place ?

  3. #3
    Titan_Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pottstown PA
    Posts
    852
    +1
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by dpracing View Post
    Are you intending to keep the stock resonator in place ?
    No, I would like to try out the free flow exhaust. I know it is going to cause drone, but I really don't want to make any holes in the ski

  4. #4
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    37,095
    +1
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Joe View Post
    Does anybody know if the Riva waterbox will work with the stock exhaust location? I am getting mixed answers here and would like to get a solid answer before I order up the stuff. Thanks
    you can use the waterbox with the stock exhaust but it's not recommended due to the flimsy stock rubber exhaust hose. Riva recommends at least using the free flow exhaust tube, or rear exhaust pipe

    check out product description
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2168

  5. #5
    Titan_Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pottstown PA
    Posts
    852
    +1
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Joe View Post
    Does anybody know if the Riva waterbox will work with the stock exhaust location? I am getting mixed answers here and would like to get a solid answer before I order up the stuff. Thanks
    you can use the waterbox with the stock exhaust but it's not recommended due to the flimsy stock rubber exhaust hose. Riva recommends at least using the free flow exhaust tube, or rear exhaust pipe

    check out product description
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2168
    Jerry, I talked to Armen at Riva today and he said the angles on the waterbox is different and it wouldn't work? Just trying to confirm if somebody has done this before.

  6. #6
    dpracing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    1,246
    +1
    246
    The drone will drive you nuts FYI. Many have reported nearly unrideable.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    12
    If it'll fit with the free flow it must fit with the stock hose? Riva just wants to sell you 2 parts instead of 1. Also I had the free flow on my px 260 never thought the "drone" was that bad.

  8. #8
    Titan_Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pottstown PA
    Posts
    852
    +1
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by awdstigarrett View Post
    If it'll fit with the free flow it must fit with the stock hose? Riva just wants to sell you 2 parts instead of 1. Also I had the free flow on my px 260 never thought the "drone" was that bad.
    He said it would not fit with free flow or stock exhaust hose

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,284
    +1
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by dpracing View Post
    The drone will drive you nuts FYI. Many have reported nearly unrideable.
    Tried it, drove me nuts. Drone was horrible, rear exit sounds great, no drone, a bitch to install...just loudish.

  10. #10
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,379
    +1
    874
    You guys think you get results with a Riva box and stock resonater? Just wondering if it will keep it quite but still give performance gain!
    Before you guys shit on me. My community I live with ask to stay peaceful and we all agreed back with my conversion they got too loud. INPUT thanks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2015, 01:38 PM
  2. Upgrade opinons on 2014 RXT-X 260
    By Titan_Joe in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:01 PM
  3. OK so I've got over 5 hours on my 2014 RXT-X 260
    By JohnW in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 09:27 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 07:50 PM
  5. 2010 RXT-X 260 (RIVA Stage 1 Racing Kit Performance)
    By RDB19 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 08:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •