Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Pwc off shore racing?

I want to start to get into the loop and prepare for next seasons events. I have been looking into this for a while now. I have tried all contact methods I can. How do I contact the event holders/organiseres? There webpage is a bad, no contact info and hard to navigate. I sent several messages on fb but nothing? Do I just fill out an entry form and send it in and show up?

Something else I am wondering, is it just to hard to have an event in the pwc world in central Ca? Why the east coast and SoCal? It just pisses me off that we have 1200 miles of water and every condition known and yet still no enduro, no offshore, no closed corse..... Is there a dislike of the delta? It seems the ideal place for all things pwc yet they squeeze these events onto ponds they call lakes or lake Pacific. Could have better off shore races in San Fran bay but nooooo.

I really want to get into this but the distances I would have to drive for any event is just stupid. I would rather not drive 8 hours to pos LA, or worse across the country

It just floors me that these events happen in La. What a crap hole compared to some of the nicer areas up north..... But I guess if the water is cold the riders would shrivel up and die

Any advice on how to get in contact with this elusive group would be great. Thanks.

+1

3. +1 by:

+1
    shoot ..how many miles you have to drive to for those 2 offshore races,400 miles that's nothing ,people travel far distances for racing I drove 1200 miles for AquaX in Fla..

In the Northeast there's nothing, one CC racing group that I personally have no interest in,I can dream of an offshore event around the NY/NJ but the cost ,the Ins ,the liability etc very little interest for anyone to promote such an event..

6. +1 by:

+1
    Its a 10-14 hour drive for me to some of the off shore events. remember we have a 55 mph speed limit when towing. It is just funny they are all down south. They want warm water and calm conditions and still call it off shore. How about a SF bay race?

Beer, The pwc offshore site is simply a cluster F. I had not found the other site, thanks! That will be a great way to get into things. And it's local enough. Several events on the delta even!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    I don't know how my search engine missed this. It's perfect to get started. Someone in this group knows the offshore guys.

+1
    LB2CAT and DANA POINT to OC are GREAT offshore races with racers spread out far apart and lots of media coverage helicopter vids,might be worth you making the trip..

Had the crazy idea to fly out there and rent a ski for the event but my wife and senses came back at me

+1
    I wanted to go to it this year to run my MSX and meet people but had to work on one thing or another. Also the ski is not 100%. I may just show up next year at the Dana point race in May with all the gear outlined on there webpage and see what happens. It would be a learning experience to say the least.

11. +1 by:

+1
    Well, wrong coast but for your info: http://p1aquax.com/

+1
    I know, darn east coast. Maybe one day I will make the trip in the big boat down and through the Panama Canal and bring the ski on the back deck. I can dream...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information