+1

2009 FXHO speeds and speedometer error

Anyone done a GPS speed test for the FXHO? I wonder what the average speedometer error is? I was on the lake today. Come across a spot where there were nice smooth ripples on the water. A big boat was going to pass me. I said what the heck and I opened it up wide open for the first time. The digital speedometer was bouncing between 67 and 68 MPH. I know that's probably not right but that's what it said.
    Later on in the evening I was trying the trim in different positions. When I trimmed the nose up I noticed the speedometer was probably reading only half my speed. Guess that trim changes the water flow on the speedometer end thing.

+1
    you got to use gps speed (cell phone even). that little wheel thingy is rarely correct. any little piece of crap in it will make it read wrong

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stever View Post
    Anyone done a GPS speed test for the FXHO? I wonder what the average speedometer error is? I was on the lake today. Come across a spot where there were nice smooth ripples on the water. A big boat was going to pass me. I said what the heck and I opened it up wide open for the first time. The digital speedometer was bouncing between 67 and 68 MPH. I know that's probably not right but that's what it said.
    Later on in the evening I was trying the trim in different positions. When I trimmed the nose up I noticed the speedometer was probably reading only half my speed. Guess that trim changes the water flow on the speedometer end thing.
    as you already know, the stock speedo is very inaccurate. You can install one of these GPS modules that will give your dash GPS accuracy

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2623

4. +1 by:

@JC

Thread Information