Am I missing a hose?

Hello Guys I have a Virage 2001 but have not yet used it as it needed repairing. I am almost ready to go but need some more advice. when I remove the seat underneath at the front is a hole (just beneath the steering console sheath) it has a black surround and passes straight into the hull obviously to allow air in for the engine. Should there be a pipe attached to this and down into the bilge so that if the craft capsizes it doesn`t let water in?

I have checked the parts catalogue and the workshop manual but still been unable to ascertain whether there should be a pipe on there or not.

My old Yamaha was a lot smaller and easy to capsize and right again, this ski looks a lot bigger and wider does it self right? or is it just not so easy to flip over?

Any advice or help much appreciated as always.

Thanks Pogle.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    There should be two ventilation fittings under the steering shroud. One is tucked up higher than the other, on opposite sides of the hull. Each should have a flex hose running from the fitting down into the lower hull. Typically one hose is routed down each side of the fuel tank.

If your engine is a three cylinder then I suggest adding a third vent as the stock two are not quite enough. On my own three cylinder Virage I could see the seat get sucked down when I blipped the throttle on the trailer, before I added a three hull vent.

These machines are quite stable on the water and hard to roll over, but it can happen.

Thread Information