+1

Exclamation Need more help!!

I know yall are sick of seeing my post about oil changing, but here we go. .......changed oil on my svho fx 2014. How much oil does this damn thing need!?!?!?!? Manuel is kinda confusing. Says with oil filter change 3.81qt then says engine oil total quantity 5.60qt ? I bought the oil change kit for this ski and it came with a gallon, I've poured it in there and still looks to be a quart low??

+1
    I've changed my oil about 7 times now. I've never gotten more than 4 qt's. It's usually around 3.5-3.80 qt. I put back in exactly what I take out. I pump oil into old windshield washer fluid bottle, then I weigh. I put the new oil into another washer fluid bottle until the weight is the same. I like to be just over the half mark on the dipstick.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks for the quick reply!! The oil level is showing right between the 2 dots. Good rule of thumb like you say measure what I take out then replace.
    Thanks again this is our first 4 stroke ski!

+1
    I use one empty milk jug rinsed out. Pump all the old oil into the jug. Mark a line with a marker on the side of the jug where the old oil level is. Pour out the old oil into a container to be discarded.. A insignificant amount of oil will still be coating the inside of the jug. Pour new oil into the jug up to the mark you made. Pour this new oil into the ski.

6. +1 by:

+1
    I use a more scientific method. I pull all the oil out with a clean empty extractor. Then pour it in two so called half gallon Popov Vodka bottles. Sit them on the counter beside each other. The take another clean vodka bottle and fill to the level in the first bottle, pour in the ski then do the second bottle the same. Then toss the old oil and the containers the new oil came in. Keep the clean oil bottle for next time. Start drinking Vodka and get ready for the next oil change. Run the ski and adjust if needed, it's always easier to add than take out.

8. +1 by:

Thread Information