Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Follow up, Hydro Lock debacle GP1300

Hello everyone, as most will recall I posted about how my ski hydro locked, after the Yamaha dealer install the #1 cylinder gasket on backwards. I went on to state how they had my ski 12 days & 17 hours of labor to correct the issues/damage caused by their mistake. They did not fix it & returned it to me stating "we do not know what is wrong it & can not fix it, we just can not put any more time into this". I took the ski to a recommended tech by Tim Judge, he discovered it in fact had several problem that were a direct result of the hydro lock. Found broken woodruff key (sheared), and suspect crank/rod damage. Tim Judge, found twisted crank, bent rod. All repairs have been made and the ski is running very strong. Now the next event, I sent a demand letter to Surdyke Yamaha, asking for my added cost to fix my ski right. $1755.04, I got a call the very next day after they received my demand letter .... asking a few questions on how all this came about. The owner went on to say he would make it right. That was over two weeks ago. I file a suit in small claims court yesterday. I suspect that the primary owner who is in St. Louis, is not aware of my dealings with the son @ the local level.
    I have already been given a court date @ EOM. We will see if they will settle or off to court we go.

+1
    good stuff, hold the fire to their feet. dont give up unless financially you cant do it

+1
    That sucks, it would fuck up the whole crank shaft system.

+1
    Great news Steve for now...

Did they admit putting the gasket on backwards or are they denying it ,your word vs theirs...

+1
    Hey there steve..

Firstly, I've gotta say I admire your tenacity in this matter..
    - Most if not all would just say ah, fuck it.! and try to move on.

I'll be following along to see how this pans out...

Secondly, congrats on getting it back up running strong again.
    - it's probably now running better than it ever has before..

+1
    I love justice like this, nice job sticking it up their arse, hope you own them in court!

+1
    They admitted they couldnt fix their mess up. If they try saying they didn't put the gasket on backwards simply show your receipt for the 17hrs they put in at no charge. You've got them. If they try telling the judge it was to appease a customer perception of wrong doing, it won't work. Any smart judge will see right through that.

+1
    Yes they admit they put the gasket on backwards, even went on to remove cylinder & correctly install the gasket. It was their continued failure to accept possible engine damage as a result of the hydro lock problem ... that the whole case has evolved. The damage was apparent but they just would not accept the fact that bent rods & twisted crank can result from a one-time hydro lock issue, that they were responsible for. Thanks for all of your support.

+1
    Hello everyone, I am finally able to put this matter to rest. I had a set date in court on Monday 8/31. Yesterday the owner contacted me and made a low ball offer. I told no way ... and I stated he must do better. I counter, and he agreed to pay tomorrow. It sad that you have to sue to get satisfaction .... I did not get the total I was asking but a big chunk of it. All is well that ends well

10. +1 by:

+1
    I hope things go your way. You brought it to the people who should know it best...the dealer. But unfortunately in this day and age you'll have to fight to make it right as they are not "stand up" people. Just can't wait to hear your new results! Its been a long time since you went the "Tim Judge" way. I'm looking forward to the performance results!
    Last edited by Prism; 08-27-2015 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Wording

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information