Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MSX 110/150 turbocharger replacement upgrade alternate

While doing research for a replacement turbo solution it became apparent that nothing was organized in GH under this subject. This thread is intended to capture all known information relating to replacement of the turbocharger, ie: parts, part#'s, where to buy, etc. Please post confirmed factual information and not quantum theory.

I took my OEM turbo to a turbo shop and was informed that KKK is no longer in business and no direct replacement cartridge or reman kit exists through various sources. However, I do know there are some parts available direct through Weber. They even have a new aftermarket solution for $600. Any idea what the make/model of this aftermarket solution is? Some others have been successful finding parts in the automotive world. I would be interested in finding compatible parts and their part #.

+1
    That's kinda how you find cheaper solutions in the automotive world. The quantum theory you speak of. Good luck in your endeavors.

+1
    $398 from Randy is the smartest solution. It it time proven and from a dependable source. You could scour the German automobile world and have a bit of luck. Would seem that possibly a Volvo, BMW,or Audi may have some luck. Let it be stated that they spool to 250k and need exacting clearances to perform properly. Sourcing a used cartridge is a risky move In my opinion.

+1
    Audi and vw used them on there 1.8 series engines.

+1
    Found a replacement that is New for $140 on Flea Bay.

Mike I would be interested in what you found on Flea Bay. And I am not looking for a "used" anything. I'm actually looking for the new part. I'm sure Weber doesn't manufacture their own and they have to source an existing part. I'm just looking to cut out the middle man and keep this repair economical. And Randy doesn't have cartridges even though the site says he does. Best solution he has is aftermarket turbo @ $600....which isn't terrible.

8. +1 by:

+1
    I am pretty sure that what you want.

+1
    We are currently in the same situation with a salvage turbo. I find that it has no thrust play. It does seem sloppy in the housing. I am wondering what the bearing clearances are. Earlier I stated that these units turn at 250k. That was a largely inflated #. After researching I found that 130k is a real ceiling for RPM on this turbo. Hope this helps.

That's one that says it's compatible with the K03 part 5303 710 0504 which "should" work. Any idea on how compatible these are with the marine environment? Looks like Weber sells models specific to marine or off road/ATV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information