Question Collapseable paddle suggestions?

Want to carry a paddle on a 2001 STS900. What paddle do you suggest? Where is a good place to buy one?

+1
    I have one on each boat. They are different colors, so they may be different brands, but they all are pretty much the same. I bought some at Bass Pro Shop, I think I even got some at Wal-Mart.

https://jet.com/product/33843486afc4...FQiTaQodsJYNbg

+1
    I thought about putting a paddle in my ski, which I figured would be effective for myself. But after discussing with the wife, and the consideration of newbie friends riding the ski, we decided on a pair of adjustable swim fins, tucked in under the removable front compartment. As it turns out, I was the only one who needed to use this so far, and it worked great. Just got behind the ski, pulled myself up a bit and kicked away. Almost got on plane!

4. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by malgyver View Post
    I thought about putting a paddle in my ski, which I figured would be effective for myself. But after discussing with the wife, and the consideration of newbie friends riding the ski, we decided on a pair of adjustable swim fins, tucked in under the removable front compartment. As it turns out, I was the only one who needed to use this so far, and it worked great. Just got behind the ski, pulled myself up a bit and kicked away. Almost got on plane!
    Paddle can be useful if you find yourself deep in a weed zone and need to work your way out without getting into the water.

Paddle also better if there are risks in the water like possible metal debris, sharp rocks, things that can bite you, another boat (propeller) really close by, etc.

If you have room I would suggest you fit a collapsible paddle in somewhere. Mine are strapped alongside the fuel tank so it cannot shift with wave bouncing and engine vibration.

I'll give "Bass Pro Shop" a look see! I can also use the collapsible paddle to hold the Ski off a dock. Thanks for the input, ALL!

Here's an enthusiastic vote for swim fins in lieu of paddle.

C'mon down!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gator.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	368583

Thank you for your suggestion!

Thread Information