+1

Question Plastic Anchor Clip / Snap Hook?

Hi all, I'm looking for a plastic snap hook or clip to use with an anchor for a Spark I didn't want steel because I figured it would scratch and damage the hull. In my search I keep seeing the Kwik Tek Snap Hook which is exactly what I'm looking for; but the reviews seem to be really mixed with a lot of people saying under very little load they snap. So that really turns me off to the Kwik Tek Snap Hook...
    It will be anchored in a lake that doesn't get to crazy but does sometimes have some wakes which would concern me with using a standard steel snap hook.

Does anyone have any other brand suggestions that I might have missed or for that matter any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

+1
    Do you put your rope through the bow eye first and connect your clip to the rope instead of directly to the bow eye? That takes most any strain off the hook and onto the rope.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Do you put your rope through the bow eye first and connect your clip to the rope instead of directly to the bow eye? That takes most any strain off the hook and onto the rope.
    I've never done that before, always hooked directly to it. But now that I think of it that might work to prevent the clip from rubbing up against the hull.

+1
    I use a snap like this and have not had an issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	il_570xN.774576753_cvjf.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	367529

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool_Breeze View Post
    I've never done that before, always hooked directly to it. But now that I think of it that might work to prevent the clip from rubbing up against the hull.
    It works great...I went out to the garage to do it and get a picture sso you could see...but them being on the trailer and winched up tight I couldn't do it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool_Breeze View Post
    It works great...I went out to the garage to do it and get a picture sso you could see...but them being on the trailer and winched up tight I couldn't do it.
    Thanks for trying for the picture... I'm going to have to try it when I get it back on the water.

7. +1 by:

+1
    I love this item because if you need to get towed you latch on quickly. You just latch onto this. It goes where you attach you winch strap from the trailer your bow eye hook. I have one on all of my skis.
    https://www.blowsion.com/sxr-runabout-tow-loop
    Last edited by 800AMSOIL4U; 08-07-2015 at 02:21 PM.

+1
    I would not recommend a plastic clip/hook. The sun will slowly deteriorate it, and it will break on you, probably when it will cause the most damage or maximum ruin to your day.

For a clip, for both my bow and stern anchors, I use a suncor 3/8 harness clip (4"). It's the smallest size that will clip to my bow eye due to girth of the eye ('14 Yammy FX). Also, the clip has done zero damage to the hull or painted eye.

Here is a link to the Suncor 316 SS Wire Lever Harness Clip , but it's cheaper at a local commercial marine supply shop.

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	367566

Name:	sun-58429.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	367565

If you must have plastic Clip, here is one on Amazon that you will regret buying someday.
    Last edited by K447; 08-08-2015 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Photos

Thread Information