+1

Indianapolis area, FZS clutch install....anyone available to help?

Hey guys...so I've ordered the parts I need to replace my blown clutch. The previous owner had upgraded to a 2013 clutch, so I ordered one with required o-rings and gaskets.

Now my problem is, is there anyone in the Indy area that can install this? I am going to give it a try but I have a 1 year old son and not a lot of time to do it. I am willing to see if a dealer would install it, but if anyone in the area is interested I would pay a fair rate. The dealer route is my last option.

My normal help (dad, brother) is busy with other life projects, and I'd like to get this done in a few weeks (parts should arrive next week)

I just don't want to screw this up...I am new to 4 strokes, being a 2 stroke guy until buying my current ski in May.

Anyone in/around Indy that could help with this....that would be great.

PM me if you can help....thanks

+1
    If I was closer I'd help you out. It really isn't a bad job at all to do. On a 1-10, I'd rate it like a 3-4. If you can set aside a couple hours or even an hour here or there, you could knock it out. There are plenty of good write ups here. No special tools required. You could get the clutch holding tool if you want, but I just pop the pump cone off and put a socket on it to hold everything. Doesn't cost me anything and easy to do, and a good time to inspect the pump bearings.

+1
    I think my Dad can help....he has done his before, and he agreed that it's probably too big a job for me. It is not an insult, I really need to help him do one, then I'll be able to do the next, if needed (hopefully not).

Thread Information