+1

2014 FZS Mods For Low/Midrange Power?

I have a basically stock 2014 FZS, (just a Candoo GPS Module) and was wanting to start doing a few mods to it. I'm not AS concerned with top end power, although I know I'll pick some up, as midrange power.

The mods I was looking at doing eventually were RIVA Power Filter, RIVA SCOM, RIVA Free Flow, RIVA Engine Breather, RIVA Ribbon Delete, RIVA Stage 1 Cooling, and Jim's cut on the stock plate.

Will I notice added power everywhere in the RPM range with the SCOM? Or just top end? The Stage 1 cooling and engine breather I know would gain me anything, but are just kind of basic safety items, and they're cheap and basic enough to do them from the start.

+1
    I think the candoo speedo replaces the scom. Just calibrate it in km/h. It will read mph but the ski will think you're going slower than you actually are

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    I think the candoo speedo replaces the scom. Just calibrate it in km/h. It will read mph but the ski will think you're going slower than you actually are
    Not on Yamaha skis it doesn't. That only works on the Kawasaki 300/310.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TyH2009 View Post

The mods I was looking at doing eventually were RIVA Power Filter, RIVA SCOM, RIVA Free Flow, RIVA Engine Breather, RIVA Ribbon Delete, RIVA Stage 1 Cooling, and Jim's cut on the stock plate.
    Do all of this, except substitute the FF exhaust for the free TJ modded exhaust. Engine breather isn't required either. You will also want the Solas 13/20 prop repitched to 13/18 by Jim. Your ski will be in the 74+ mph range with far better holeshot and acceleration.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UnleashedBeast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TyH2009 View Post

Do all of this, except substitute the FF exhaust for the free TJ modded exhaust. Engine breather isn't required either. You will also want the Solas 13/20 prop repitched to 13/18 by Jim. Your ski will be in the 74+ mph range with far better holeshot and acceleration.
    What about the Stage 1 cooling mod? When I was riding last weekend at the lake, air temp was about 93, and according to the reading on my Dad's boat, the water temp was 90 degrees. The water coming out of the left-side pisser was scalding hot. Maybe it was just me, but I thought maybe I felt some heat soak.

Banned User
    +1
    Left side is the oilcooler, it will be pretty hot normally. The dual pissers on the other other side is the intercooler exit water. Typically will be warmish after a lot of riding then return to lake water temp pretty shortly after idling around

+1
    Got the SCOM ordered. Going to see what my GPS speed is before and after.

Thread Information