need help with a 2013 vxs

Having some cavitation on the hole shot after I did these mods. Ribbon delete, Riva cold air in-take, R&D Grate, Solas 13/19 prop, I have done a lot of reading here and it sounds like the rear mounting bolts are not flush?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150805_132123_resized.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	367411
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150805_132148_resized.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	367412  

+1
    I had the same problem. I took it off and brought it to my machine shop and milled the holes deeper so the bolts sat flush. Other than trimming the bolts or finding a low profile marine grade bolt, that was my best solution. I also had to shim the grate down in the back a few thousands so it sat flush with the transom and not higher scrubbing speed.

Quote Originally Posted by NickSezz View Post
    I had the same problem. I took it off and brought it to my machine shop and milled the holes deeper so the bolts sat flush. Other than trimming the bolts or finding a low profile marine grade bolt, that was my best solution. I also had to shim the grate down in the back a few thousands so it sat flush with the transom and not higher scrubbing speed.
    thanks,how much did you have to mill this down too ? My grate and transom seems pretty close to flush

+1
    I didn't really measure. Just took a little off at a time until the bolt sat perfectly flush. If you measure the amount sticking out then that will be about how deep you have to go. I don't think this is causing your cavitation but can slow you down some.

The front bolts stick down farther than I would like as well. I did not machine the front at all as I was worried about the possibility of it cracking. The front bolts will not produce as much drag in my eyes but can be part of the cavitation issue since is can disturb the water entering the pump.

That said, I solved most of my cavitation with the R&D Pump Cone. Yanking up on the bars and shifting your weight back when holeshotting the ski helps a lot as well.

Thanks, I have the cone ordered might be here tomorrow.On the hole shot I was doing just the opposite,I was leaning as far up as I could get, I will try leaning back and see,,thanks again

Thread Information