Thread: w t b

w t b

riva stinger 3 or pro tec turbo tube
    thanks.

+1
    Why do you want your ski to go slower? Those pipes are novelties, they rob your engine of RPMs and whatever low end performance they add can be duplicated with a Jet works mod on your stock stinger pipe. The stock pipe is the best pipe, its proven - in less you want tripple pipes, but there alot of maintence.

I keep breaking the standard one of wave jumping. I were thinking the lighter pipe might last.

+1
    Ive had the Pro Tec turbo tube, it is much lighter and does allow easy access to carbs- But your guaranteed to loose top end and RPMs, if you dont care about loosing 150+rpms and a few miles off top speed then its a OK option. Where are you breaking the stock stinger? Is the pipe bolted in properly- all 5 bolts take hold and tighten properly?

I keep breaking the mounts in half. just sick of replacing the mounts every time I use it.

+1
    I've jumped thousands if waves on my gpr and xlt over the years never ever broke one properly mounted pipe, check you have all your bolts installed and torque them properly. I hae all the parts if you need.

+1
    Something doesn't seem right. I've only heard of them breaking if they become loose. Are you torquing everything to spec and using red loctite? One of the mounts might be under stress when you are torquing everything down. Are you tightening one mount at a time? I would snug them all down them hit each one again.

Just to to be clear what ones are you breaking exactly. The two at the top or the one down by the flush hose?

i have used Loctite each time. bolts don't come loose. it just breaks the mounts. I have replaced the big four bolt one under the pipe and the lower stinger one twice. I ride in open water not on a lake there is always chop so the ski is always getting pounded. I just thought the lighter pipe would help
    some one must have one for sale. thanks

Thread Information