Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ride plate/intake grate recommendations

I need a new ride plate or a new intake grate, or maybe even both depending on price.

Heres the story: i had a boat trailer which i used for the spark, it fitted perfectly but then i noticed that almost all the weight was supported on the ride plate! I used that trailer for about a year, and now the plate is a bit bent, resulting in horrible purposing above 40mph. It's so bad it unhooks all the time when above 40mph, even with the trim all the way down...

I still wanna have the playfulness of the spark, the sliding, 180's and wheelies. Will a new ride plate or intake grate make an end to that?

And which plate/grate do you recommend?
    Last edited by Patrickspark; 08-07-2015 at 04:14 PM.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    RIVA & WORX are the only 2 I know of making after-market plates for the SPARK.

3. +1 by:

Thanks, any thoughts about how it will affect my 180s and wheelies?

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    I need to revise the first reply to say "R&D & WORX", rather than RIVA, although they are supposed to be releasing a bunch of new stuff soon...

They are supposed to improve the hole shot as well as top end.

...from the 'HULK parts page desc.;
    Improve the handling and performance of the Spark with the new R&D Pro Series Ride Plate. R&D has redesigned the center section and added overall length to the ride plate. The new design dramatically improves handling in all water conditions, and substantially reduces cavitation and bow jump that will be noticed with the increased power of the R&D R3 ECU. The R&D Ride Plate transforms the vertical bow jump into forward momentum by keeping the pump hooked up and driving forward without speed loss.
    this is from the WORX page;
    Transform your Seadoo Spark in all water conditions improving drive, control and stability! A simple must have addition for anyone wanting top performance from this fun machine!Race proven Seadoo Spark extended ride plate
    Added length creates extra nose pressure on launch allow pump hook up and quicker acceleration
    Increase handling characteristics throughout cornering
    Better straight line drive and added stability
    Redesigned stepped centre section for increase top speeds
    Easy fitment using standard mounting points
    IJSBA legal all classes
    DOES NOT SUIT IBR MODELS
    you can see they are both similar in performance claims.
    Apparently reducing the 'instability' you like(me too ) , how much I couldnt say.
    there are also 'trim-tabs' available in the store that have similar claims to the hulls performance as the ride plate(s)...

+1
    I hope this helps,I went with the RIVA intake grate and have done so in the past. It really helped with cavitation and hole shot along with the pump seal kit (a must have).. I am still using stock ride plate which for now I am happy with.....

Ride plate/intake grate recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    I need to revise the first reply to say "R&D & WORX", rather than RIVA, although they are supposed to be releasing a bunch of new stuff soon...

Improve the handling and performance of the Spark with the new R&D Pro Series Ride Plate. R&D has redesigned the center section and added overall length to the ride plate. The new design dramatically improves handling in all water conditions, and substantially reduces cavitation and bow jump that will be noticed with the increased power of the R&D R3 ECU. The R&D Ride Plate transforms the vertical bow jump into forward momentum by keeping the pump hooked up and driving forward without speed loss.
    Transform your Seadoo Spark in all water conditions improving drive, control and stability! A simple must have addition for anyone wanting top performance from this fun machine!Race proven Seadoo Spark extended ride plate
    Added length creates extra nose pressure on launch allow pump hook up and quicker acceleration
    IJSBA legal all classes
    DOES NOT SUIT IBR MODELS
    Apparently reducing the 'instability' you like(me too ) , how much I couldnt say.
    there are also 'trim-tabs' available in the store that have similar claims to the hulls performance as the ride plate(s)...

Ive heard the R&D may need some grinding to fit properly and i have iBR which wont work with the worx... If riva shows up with a ride plate, ill probably buy that together with their intake grate, if not, ill only get the riva intake grate

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post

IJSBA legal all classes
    DOES NOT SUIT IBR MODELS

Ive heard the R&D may need some grinding to fit properly and i have iBR which wont work with the worx... If riva shows up with a ride plate, ill probably buy that together with their intake grate, if not, ill only get the riva intake grate

the worx plate works with iBR model with grinding
    . I have done it

+1
    how much grinding is "grinding" for IBR.. feels like im riding my gp760 again in light chop even with VTS

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by reactorpwr View Post
    how much grinding is "grinding" for IBR.. feels like im riding my gp760 again in light chop even with VTS
    I am away to the cottage this week and weekend I can take some pics when I am home for you to show you how much.

It only needed to be grinder because of the trim ring

+1
    Worx have invested huge money in Spark development. I would use them over R & D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information