+1

R&D Stage 1 or Riva Stage 1 Kit

Hey guys,

I'm currently in the process of obtaining my Ultra 250X, but before I purchase I need to know what kit you guys recommend me to purchase and do? I also want to get the straight pipe so it sounds VERY loud.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Al

What do u wanna do with it, aint ever gonna be much faster, and to make it faster it usually ruins the rough water handling.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    What do u wanna do with it, aint ever gonna be much faster, and to make it faster it usually ruins the rough water handling.
    I want it to handle decent, mostly just straightlight speed. I had a Gp1200R that did 72mph, I'd like this one to do that at least.

+1
    Chris is kind of right .. A riva plate "supposedly" adds 2 mph and makes the bow ride a bit higher reducing rough water hookup. Sam with a wedge , although I didn't really see much of a gain , but most others have. Id recommend leaving it alone besides a scom, best of both worlds , insane hook up , good speed , awesome acell. Im taking my wedge off next season , and most likely putting my plate back to stock. Have fun enjoy the ski.

edit : if you want more acceleration look into the r&d tunes like a r3, would need a solas prop with it. But Iv heard it makes a-b speed faster. Few members here have it .. Can get it right here in the online store.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stifun View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm currently in the process of obtaining my Ultra 250X, but before I purchase I need to know what kit you guys recommend me to purchase and do? I also want to get the straight pipe so it sounds VERY loud.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Al
    Make sure the first thing you do is upgrade the pump.

GS is kind of wrong, 250s dont have speed limiters, hence no need for a scom. You already have the best rough water ski ever made. with the right combination of plates, grates, props, wedges, getting some extra air in and exhaust out, you could possibly get 72 out of it. A great running 250 runs about 66-68 getting 4-5 mph out of it will be tough, and in the end will most likely handle like crap in the rough. If you ride flat water go for it, if u ride heavy chop, id leave it alone. been there done this, the riva plate on my 250 was AWFUL. My advice, get a prop, a wedge, do the free air mods, make sure your getting full boost and enjoy the 250 for what it is... it will never be a speed demon..
    Last edited by Chris288; 08-06-2015 at 08:32 PM.

8. +1 by:

+1
    wouldnt waste your money on a prop either.. oem is best for this model.

+1
    I stand corrected! just re read it's a 250

Try the Riva thru hull exhaust, they really rumble

+1
    Upgrade pump first! For imellers, I run the Solas 16/21 at it performs great. Try the Riva exhaust (waterbox and rear exhaust pipe), straight pipes are obnoxiously loud and take the fun out of cruising to me. The Riva exhaust sounds great though and has been tested to perform about the same as a straight piped ski. Also, checkout the reliability threads on here regarding cracked heads and pistons. Personally I would run higher compression forged pistons and re-route the cooling lines for the head and intercooler. Also, pull the fuel pump and clean the tank and pump thoroughly. Check your fuel flow rates on prime at the injectors. If everything is good I would mod from there. Timing mod, 1:1 pulley and a bit more FP would probably get you where you want.
    I like the rough water handling of the 250X but all the supercharged Ultras I have ever ridden need help turning imho. If sponsons and a plate helped with that I would do that for sure even if it meant trading some rough water handling.

Thread Information