+1

Question Alternative to the "official" SC shims

Hey guys, I'll need to adjust my slip and thinking of using shims but the official shims are pretty expensive to ship to Canada. Is there anything special about those shims or could I use something similar from a local hardware store? Aren't they just super thin washers of some kind?

My SC has only 10 hours on rebuild so it seems too early to switch over to mcmaster spring washers. I did try ordering them from their site but they wouldn't ship to Canada any ways. Official hulk site again ..it would double the cost to Canada

Thanks

+1
    They are only expensive if shipped ups or fed ex. Use USPS and it way cheaper. I order from here and Riva all the time that way. May take a few extra days but you don't get tax and duty letters in the mail from fed ex and ups a few weeks later.

And no they are not just a hardware store washer. They are a precision part.

3. +1 by:

+1
    My shipping quote was almost $24 for the two shims. If it was like a $400 part ok, but when it's a $2 part its different

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    My shipping quote was almost $24 for the two shims. If it was like a $400 part ok, but when it's a $2 part its different

That's USPS price to Ontario Canada using a small flat rate box. It doesn't matter if it's a part that weighs as much as a feather or if it weighs 5 pounds and still fits in that box they still charge the same rate.

So maybe take advantage and fill up the box? Add some spark plugs? any other little items you may need? Oil filter o rings? As long as it fits in the box it's the same price for shipping.

Another alternative for you would be First Class Mail. There is no tracking and it may take a couple weeks to reach you, but if you are not in a hurry this may be a good alternative for you

First-Class Package International Service™**
    $7.10

+1
    Yeah I understand, living in the great white north sucks for shipping a lot of the time.

I'm debating if I should just grab the mcmaster spring washers instead to make this more worth while.

+1
    Will the ultimate pump seal fit in the box? I'm tired of ultra black, removing that suckers is a pain every time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Will the ultimate pump seal fit in the box? I'm tired of ultra black, removing that suckers is a pain every time.
    I would highly recommend the mcmaster washers and yes the pump seal will also fit in a small flat rate box.
    Email me if you want to change your order up and I will get it handled.

Thanks!
    Jerry

Thread Information