Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Pro 785 - new owner questions

    Love all the info it is so hard to find any information on the 785 pro! I do have a question that is not answered in here... My display on my 785 pro is giving me the low power reading but I have a brand new battery installed and I have checked my charging system and everything is all clear. Is there a Voltage sensor in the lines somewhere I should be looking for? Also I just install and new electrical board in my ski and noticed there is nowhere labeled for a Red/Grey wire any ideas? sorry so many questions right out of the get I am just excited to have finally found a board specifically for this machine! Any help is good help!


  2. #2
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    39,386
    +1
    1,745
    The MFD display itself has an internal voltage sensor. It can be re-calibrated if it is incorrectly reporting the battery voltage.

    Compare the volt display mode on the MFD with the reading from an accurate multi-meter at the battery posts. Engine off, display awake. What are the readings?

    See my signature link for lots of useful info, including wire diagrams and color coding.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The MFD display itself has an internal voltage sensor. It can be re-calibrated if it is incorrectly reporting the battery voltage.

    Compare the volt display mode on the MFD with the reading from an accurate multi-meter at the battery posts. Engine off, display awake. What are the readings?

    See my signature link for lots of useful info, including wire diagrams and color coding.
    So my MFd is reporting a reading of .2v But my multimeter is reporting right around 12v like 11.75-12.25v Ideas? How do you recalibrate it?

  4. #4
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    39,386
    +1
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by pittbull33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The MFD display itself has an internal voltage sensor. It can be re-calibrated if it is incorrectly reporting the battery voltage.

    Compare the volt display mode on the MFD with the reading from an accurate multi-meter at the battery posts. Engine off, display awake. What are the readings?

    See my signature link for lots of useful info, including wire diagrams and color coding.
    So my MFd is reporting a reading of .2v
    But my multimeter is reporting right around 12v like 11.75-12.25v Ideas? How do you recalibrate it?
    Zero point two volts is the displayed voltage on the MFD?

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    39,386
    +1
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by pittbull33 View Post
    Yes sir
    That is unusual.

    Click on my signature link, then look in the MFD section to see how to recalibrate the voltage display on an MFD. The only tricky part is finding a 14.0 volt DC source so the MFD can calibrate itself against a known voltage.

    You can do the calibration sequence with just the battery voltage but the result will be an inaccurate volt reading on the MFD. Since yours is wildly incorrect right now, it probably can't hurt to do a calibration with just the battery voltage. It should at least get it to within a couple of volts of accurate.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pittbull33 View Post
    Yes sir
    That is unusual.

    Click on my signature link, then look in the MFD section to see how to recalibrate the voltage display on an MFD. The only tricky part is finding a 14.0 volt DC source so the MFD can calibrate itself against a known voltage.

    You can do the calibration sequence with just the battery voltage but the result will be an inaccurate volt reading on the MFD. Since yours is wildly incorrect right now, it probably can't hurt to do a calibration with just the battery voltage. It should at least get it to within a couple of volts of accurate.
    That worked!! Thanks so much!

  8. #8
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    39,386
    +1
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by pittbull33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pittbull33 View Post
    Yes sir
    That is unusual.

    Click on my signature link, then look in the MFD section to see how to recalibrate the voltage display on an MFD. The only tricky part is finding a 14.0 volt DC source so the MFD can calibrate itself against a known voltage.

    You can do the calibration sequence with just the battery voltage but the result will be an inaccurate volt reading on the MFD. Since yours is wildly incorrect right now, it probably can't hurt to do a calibration with just the battery voltage. It should at least get it to within a couple of volts of accurate.
    That worked!! Thanks so much!
    What does the MFD now read for voltage compared to your multimeter on the battery posts?

  9. #9
    MFD is reading 13.4 Multimeter is reading 12.5 Close enough for now

  10. #10
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    39,386
    +1
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by pittbull33 View Post
    MFD is reading 13.4 Multimeter is reading 12.5 Close enough for now
    If you calibrate it again with the engine running above idle and the battery fully charged the voltage should be closer to 14.0 which will bring the MFD volts display closer to correct.

    Or with the engine off and an external battery charger connected, you can watch the multimeter voltage and when it gets real close to 14.0 actual at the battery, do the MFD calibrate sequence.

  11. +1 by:


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pro 785 carb linkage question?
    By skigolfnut in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 10:21 PM
  2. Pro 785 water mod questions
    By matt160580 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 09:27 PM
  3. New owner, questions?
    By SkiBoy720 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 10:46 PM
  4. New owner...question
    By SkiBoy720 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 07:11 PM
  5. New Owner Questions
    By sortsol in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 06:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •