Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2012 Kawasaki Ultra 300x seat issue

Picked up a 2012 300x with only 23 hrs. Absolutely incredible machine, a real work of art. But I need to upgrade the seat and was hoping to get some input.

As you know, the seat is the old school style, not the LX version, therefore the seat padding is minimal at best. At my age, my back and tailbone just can't take the pounding this ski produces on a thin, hard seat cushion. I know that one of my options would be to buy a LX seat setup and install that, but Kawasaki wants over $800 for a seat set. I'm hoping that members can help offer up an alternative solution.

Thank you in advance.

+1
    Yep stand up the seat is for jerrys lol

+1
    An aftermarket seat cover going over the old cover will add a little more riding cushion comfort but not a whole lot, recommend a riding belt like Jettribes race belt,I luv it it keeps spine and muscles aligned and less back fatigue when things get rough..

You have the best rough water jet ski that handles the rough stuff, but it will still be bumpy out there no matter what so go easy in the waves..

I'm an old timer too,best rough riding is standing and slight bending of the knees,then take a break and sit for a bit..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	367250  

4. +1 by:

+1
    I have a 2013 lx the seat is no better very wide and padding leaves much to be desired.The seat on my RXP X has much better padding.

+1
    I think standing is your best bet, however maybe an upholsterer or even a custom car shop can redo the whole thing with some thicker cushioning.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Yeah, but if you stand it takes the skin off the inside of your legs. I have an 2012 LX and the seat is no better.

9. +1 by:

+1
    I didn't realize how hard the seat was on my 310r until my seadoo buddy mentioned something after riding it. I stand 95% of the time while riding and my seat tears my legs up as well. No matter how much cushion is there your still going to get jolted around. I honestly don't know how anyone sits and rides through the chop. Feel like my necks going to break , so I guess the torn up legs is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith88 View Post
    I didn't realize how hard the seat was on my 310r until my seadoo buddy mentioned something after riding it. I stand 95% of the time while riding and my seat tears my legs up as well. No matter how much cushion is there your still going to get jolted around. I honestly don't know how anyone sits and rides through the chop. Feel like my necks going to break , so I guess the torn up legs is better.
    We also have 2 Seadoo GTX's. One standard and one Wake edition. Both have seats that absorb the worst of chop... This 300X is like sitting on cinderblock and is uncomfortable even in smooth water.

Any idea if other model skis like the Kawasaki 15F have a better padded seat, and if they are interchangeable?

I did contact a custom seat upholster I've know since the 70's who is a master custom builder of motorcycle seats. I may end up using him to help redesign a better seat, but I'm sure it's going to require a second mortgage on the house

Check out John's work at http://www.johnlongo.net/

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    310 seat never touch my legs when standing..
    If someone in whinging about the firmness of a sports seat.... Spend a bit of money and have it re foamed in some soft vaginal compatible materials.

I have to remember to tell my Ferrari dealer that my suspension is rough next service

Can they smooth the ride out

13. +1 by:

+1
    lol ^

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information