+1

Wisconsin Rapids Area Riding Question?

So I have to be in Wisconsin Rapids on Wednesday morning for a business meeting until about noon. So I am planing on taking the skis with me. Wanted to ride the river for a few hours. Anyone know what a good area is? What launch I should use.

I see a few launches/boat landings north and south of Wisconsin Rapids depending on waht side of a damm you want to be on.

Thanks for the input.

JJ
    Last edited by K447; 08-05-2015 at 01:10 PM. Reason: typos

+1
    You are probably already on the water, but a great place to ride the river is south of Rapids there is a launch in Nekoosa just south of a power plant or factory, you can ride the river south to the Petenwell, its an outstanding place to ride.

+1
    We rode 36 miles today on the two MSX 140s. Launched at the ramp just south of the Nekoosa Paper Mill like you suggested. (saw your post after I got home) Made it down 3/4 the way into the lake at it was smooth as glass but green as grass on top. Never being there before made me nervious on how deep the water was and turned back to the ramp.

I used "Polaris Rider X" app and the little lady used "Digital Dashboard" app. I like the Digital Dashboard better.

+1
    You can ride all the way to the next dam before Castle Rock lake, much of this lake is manmade, I have been told there are a lot of tree stumps under the water, but you don't have to worry with a watercraft unless you voyage off into some of the 'fingers' of the lake. Ya that fluorescent green algae is some strange looking stuff, it will really stick to your ski if you leave it in the water, (don't ingest the stuff) We used to go camping at the state park on the east side of the lake Labor Day weekend & leave our skis in the water, I haven't ridden on the lake since 1999 & sure would like to go again.
    Last edited by RLACEMAN; 08-06-2015 at 01:42 PM.

Thread Information