Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

VTech 8900 tune problems

I've flash my ski today with vt 8900 tune and after 1- 2 minutes of running time on trailer check engine light went on with no codes on dash. I've checked and cleared code(P0326) -knock sensor with maptuner , and started ski again on hose after minute check engine light went on again with no codes on dash, checked again with maptuner P0562 - system low voltage. Battery has 12v with motor off and it is on charger now.Did anybody had similar problem after flash ?I don't know were to look next , checked fuses , battery connections for now .

+1
    Won't be the tune , most likely something simple like loose earth etc ..

I had something similar with another ski and neg to chassy loose and rusty .. All good now

+1
    Try flashing back to stock tune and see how that reacts.

This does sound like you have a wiring or ground issue. Did you check the ground loads on front of motor?
    Put a multi-meter on battery while its running and report back what voltage it is. (I suggest you do this in water)

+1
    OK,thanks for replays!I don't have stock tune on my maptuner now I'm going to email VT with request for it.I didn't check grounding connections yet and I will tomorrow.Is week battery could cause this ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mario View Post
    OK,thanks for replays!I don't have stock tune on my maptuner now I'm going to email VT with request for it.I didn't check grounding connections yet and I will tomorrow.Is week battery could cause this ?
    You don't need email vtech for it, just download it with MyMaptuner while the tuner is connected to PC.

Weak batteries have been shown to cause issues. However, when my battery started to fail, everything worked fine to the point it would no longer crank ski. But before you go changing batteries, make sure its charging correctly (which is why mentioned testing it).

+1
    Faulty batt has caused IBR faults etc ..

Check the connector where the wires from the stator connect to the main harness (3pin connector). I just had one of my wires melt and it was causing low voltage while running.

+1
    I checked all connectors on harness , grounding on front of motor , charged battery and cleared low voltage error ran motor on hose for 3 min and so far everything looks ok! I'm getting 14 volts on idle rpms ,I cant do water test before weekend .Will report back after ride Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHER View Post
    Won't be the tune , most likely something simple like loose earth etc ..

I had something similar with another ski and neg to chassy loose and rusty .. All good now
    All wiring and connectors looks good no visible corrosion very clean. This ski never had a single error code before .

Did you try to install a stock tune and retest?

Andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information