Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    any idea as to what this is?

    I think I have found my "carb" issue. as I was starting it I noticed fuel leaking around the seams of this as It was cranking over.
    Not sure if I am missing a gasket or something. I took it apart and appears that it just screws back together but didnt notice an old gasket or anything.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whats this.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	367133


  2. #2
    the part between carb 1 and 2

  3. #3
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    46,491
    +1
    2,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagarules View Post
    the part between carb 1 and 2
    Are you asking about the accelerator pump?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagarules View Post
    the part between carb 1 and 2
    Are you asking about the accelerator pump?
    Ok that's what it is.
    Does that require a gasket?
    it is leaking fuel when throttle is engaged.

  5. #5
    and could this be the reason for my out of the hole bogging problems?

  6. #6
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    46,491
    +1
    2,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagarules View Post
    and could this be the reason for my out of the hole bogging problems?
    Probably.

    The accelerator pump is supposed to squirt fuel into the carb throats to improve throttle response. If the accelerator pump is leaking then it probably is not doing what it is supposed to do.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagarules View Post
    and could this be the reason for my out of the hole bogging problems?
    Probably.

    The accelerator pump is supposed to squirt fuel into the carb throats to improve throttle response. If the accelerator pump is leaking then it probably is not doing what it is supposed to do.

    Thanks again for replying

  8. #8
    I dont think it has a gasket between the 2 halves and they are not making replacement parts anymore as far as a new plunger. I looked on eBay etc for a repair kit or replacement and can't find diddly poo.
    Does that mean that with my limited options is to just buy a used triple carbs from say eBay and get a working accelerator pump that way, then go through the carbs on it and go from there?

    Is that a dumb way to go about a solution?

  9. #9
    MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    18,079
    +1
    1,609
    There is no gasket. The rim of the accel pump diaphragm makes the seal. Make sure there is no dirt or anything on the diaphragm or in the groove. Is the diaphragm damaged or cracked?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post
    There is no gasket. The rim of the accel pump diaphragm makes the seal. Make sure there is no dirt or anything on the diaphragm or in the groove. Is the diaphragm damaged or cracked?

    That's the goofy part. It looks good. I even cleaned around there and in the groove just in case there was dirt or crud underneath the diaphragm. I see no cracks or tears and the diaphragm seems like it is in alignment.

    I've cleaned, checked it and rechecked it, but even on the bench. When I turn the throttle linkage back and forth I still see little seeping of fuel in seem on top of accl pump.....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Any idea what this is?
    By Rock918 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-31-2016, 06:27 AM
  2. Any ideas as to gauge mounts for the iS models?
    By oikonomoupetros in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-02-2015, 02:03 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 02:56 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 07:20 PM
  5. what would cause this to happen this is a good one!
    By Mike H in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 11:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •