Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2007 seadoo 215 with riva stage 2 surging power

Hi i pulled my seadoo out from storage and had an issue where it would not redline and was surging. Prior to storage it would redline at 8120 rpm and was running perfect. Now it would bounce between 6400 and 7000 every second or two. Supercharger rebuilt 10 hours ago. I thought maybe bad gas since it had been sitting. I put in fresh 91 gas and changed the plugs. The plugs were actually pretty good. I feel the power come on and then cuts out, almost as if the supercharger was coming on and off. I checked the hoses , would a loose or cracked hose cause this or even a bad intercooler? only had less than an eighth of fuel before adding fresh fuel maybe i have to run it some more. Interesting enough even off the start it doesnt redline, only for a second and then back down to 6800 or so. Any thoughts?

+1
    check intercooler for leaks
    and charge tube leaks
    check fuel psi

Hi thank you for your response. Intercooler leaks , i assume you mean air leaks. The hoses in the Riva package are not rubber but hard silicone. Nothing was loose i just retightened sone of the clamps and ill try again. Could the intercooler be cracked or broken internally and if so would that cause loss of boost pressure? It sounds like a loose hose or maybe the supercharger is failing. If so why would it if it was perfect prior to winterizing?

Also what do you mean by charge tube?

+1
    a leaking intercooler will leak water into the motor....not good
    causing surging and other problems
    charge tubes go from the SC to the TB, some apps have many connections

Well i took off the tube going between the inter cooler and throttle body abd started it in the water. Well to my amazement i had water shooting out of the tube . Does this mean the intercooler cracked inside? I ran it before for ten minutes off and on at wot thinking its bad gas. I assume i need a new intercooler but more importantly did i damge the engine at all with water spewing into it.. should i start it with the hose disconnected to gett rid of the water?

+1
    The intercooler is leaking if there's water comming out of the pipe

+1
    Change the oil. You should be ok. Might take a few oil changes to get all the water out

Guess the intercooler is kaput. ..any suggeations. I have a riva stage 2 package and gen 1 intercooler...what is the best one out there? Also wouldnt the water damage anything? It still is running fine dont know for how long though

+1
    Change the oil. The water will come out when you change it. If it's salt water change it quick. Fizzle sells a very nice intercooler. Fizzle factory.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information