2003 Genesis I problems

Just bought a 03 Genesis I. I found that the fuel injector capacitor had been rubbing on something wearing a hole in it so it would not hold charge. I replaced the capicitor with a used one with only 37 hrs on it and tried to start. Seems as though the fuel pump isnt working. I really have no clue about this machine is there any advice i can get of things to look over on these things so i dont cause any damage. Any help is appreciated.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

There are some checks and diagnostics you can do, but be aware that it is common for the EMM to need repair on these Ficht engines.

See my signature links in the Ficht section for background info and some common issues.

Ok im trying to find what you said anyway you can direct me to where i can find that info. Btw i done some digging on here and found that the regulators are common to fall off the return on fuel pump so i fixed that and now i have fuel pressure not sure how much but i do have fuel to injectors, ive checked compression again not sure how much as i pulled plug and cranked with finger over hole and have compression, then checked spark i have spark it seems weak but present. Now i dont think my injectors are firing. I read in one of your other replys that the emm kicks fuel pump on, fires injectors and spark plugs. So does that mean the emm is ok?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson.bottoms4 View Post
    Ok im trying to find what you said anyway you can direct me to where i can find that info. Btw i done some digging on here and found that the regulators are common to fall off the return on fuel pump so i fixed that and now i have fuel pressure not sure how much but i do have fuel to injectors, ive checked compression again not sure how much as i pulled plug and cranked with finger over hole and have compression, then checked spark i have spark it seems weak but present. Now i dont think my injectors are firing. I read in one of your other replys that the emm kicks fuel pump on, fires injectors and spark plugs. So does that mean the emm is ok?
    It is common for the EMM to need repair. A weak spark is not normal, a good Ficht system has a very strong spark.

Search for my lists in other threads where I have described how to test injector voltage. The key words are white/red wire and over 20 volts.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2605992

It is worthwhile to have basic engine testing equipment such as a compression tester, online spark tester, fuel pressure tester. And a decent electrical multimeter.
    Last edited by K447; 08-03-2015 at 08:18 AM.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    be carful, if you get on the wrong side of the ignition system it can knock you over

at the bottom of 447's signature "click here" to enter the Polaris how to do it pages...

do NOT remove the injectors from the head to see if they are firing. Follow the troubleshooting guide to narrow your scope.

safe to assume you are not getting a check engine lamp?
    '
    only use the specified spark plugs, substitutes do not work, no matter what the cute gal at the auto parts store said.

Thread Information