Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

RIVA Power Filter Kit--Please Help

Doing my first-ever mods to a ski and everything was going smoothly until I went to finish up the Power Filter install. When the tube is flush against my supercharger I have like 1-2 inches of space up top from the lord mount backet to the lord mount on the tube. Very frustrating, what am I doing wrong? I don't think it should be this difficult to line up the lord mount on the tube.

+1
    leave the 2 hose clamps on the coupler near the charger loose until you get the mount bolt in. That will allow you to spin the tube until it lines up. You didnt say whether you tightened the plate mounting bolts to side of hull. If so, you may have to loosen them a bit to bring the mount plate closer.

+1
    I finally just mounted the lord mount bracket onto the filter tube, then installed that into the ski as one complete unit. Then I lined up the two holes going through the side of the hull last. Probably not the right way to do it, but it's all done now, and everything is lined up fine.

Do you guys cut all this excess Kanaflex hose that floating around inside the hull? There's like 3FT of Kanaflex spooling on both sides of the intakes and I'd like to trim those up and aim them at the power filter. Is that recommended?

+1
    Throw the filter in the trash and hook up the kamaflex to the pipe

But to answer your question, yes some ppl trim the kanaflex and place them on the filter.

5. +1 by:

+1
    when the ski is stock: where does that kanflex that's attached to the intakes on the port and starboard sides of the ski go? I just see them disappear behind the fuel tank. Do they connect to the stock air filter somehow?

Not to hijack this old thread but regarding the exhaust: there's lots of plastic pipe twisting and turning around back there through various plastic resonators and what not. Where does all that stuff exhaust to, the pump tunnel?

Is that what the free flow exhaust replaces? If I did the free flow do I have to do the through hull exhaust as well or can it connect to the stock exhaust location. If it hooks up to the stock location does it make it any louder (which I don't want).

A lot of questions I know, I got rolling.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scott2640 View Post
    when the ski is stock: where does that kanflex that's attached to the intakes on the port and starboard sides of the ski go? I just see them disappear behind the fuel tank. Do they connect to the stock air filter somehow?

Not to hijack this old thread but regarding the exhaust: there's lots of plastic pipe twisting and turning around back there through various plastic resonators and what not. Where does all that stuff exhaust to, the pump tunnel?

Is that what the free flow exhaust replaces? If I did the free flow do I have to do the through hull exhaust as well or can it connect to the stock exhaust location. If it hooks up to the stock location does it make it any louder (which I don't want).

A lot of questions I know, I got rolling.
    The stock tubes are not Kanaflex-- I'm only calling this out because you cannot run the stock vent hose to the SC like you can with kanalfex. The stock hose will collapse. And no they don't connect to the air intake at all stock. Anyways, the stock vent hoses route in front of the gas tank. They're designed to be above the waterline if the ski flips so water can't flood in and sink the ski.

The exhaust (both stock and ff) exit on the right side of the pump tunnel behind the stock rubber flaps at the back of the pump. The ff will connect to the stock location, but a rear exit exhaust is where you drill a hole in your hull for the new exit location. Both the ff and rear exit exhaust will make your ski louder.

+1
    Thanks Mike!

your opinion: blow off valve, power filter and free flow.

Will these improve performance noticeably?
    will they benefit the engine to improve reliability?
    Are these mods doable for a complete novice (a mechanically inclined novice)
    will they void the warranty?

+1
    Thanks Mike!

Read this great thread by Jerry, very informative http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87711, it will answer your questions regarding performance gains.

I'm not sure which ski you have but dont bother with the exhaust for now, get the basics out of the way, go for BOV, manifold upgrade, power filter, ride plate by Jim, and the grate+plug kit if required.

+1
    Thanks Mike!

Tons of options out there for all of what you asked. Personally, I run the Riva air intake, HKS bov, and Riva ff (along with other stuff in my signature). IMO most "bolt ons" are easy enough to install as long as you're familiar with your ski. Def take a few weeks and read through the forums here and you'll learn a ton.

+1
    Lord mount???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information