05 RXT. To many hours?

Hey guys just wondering what you would consider to be to many hours? Considering going to look at a 05 rxt that has 350 hours on it. He says the supercharger has been updated and it was dealer maintained. I haven't seen it in person yet but it appears to be really clean in all the pictures only reason I haven't seen it in person is because it's a 2 hour drive and the hours kind of scare me. So would you guys consider a ski with that many hours if it runs good and has proper maintenance records or should I keep looking for a lower hour ski? Asking price is 2950 without a trailer.

+1
    If it was kept up and well taken and cared for you could get plenty of usage out of it, but that's a big IF. That price is too high anyways, maybe $2.5 with a trailer.

I would not buy it, especially if it's your first ski, unless you're pretty handy around machinery and can deal with issues yourself. Otherwise you might end up bleeding a lot of money.

Oh, that supercharger should be at it's second rebuild. I would ask for proof of rebuild(s) and hours ..else walk away.

Thank you very much for the reply! I will check on all that info and see what he says. The other ski I am interested in is an 05 rxp that just had an sbt motorput in, Riga stage 2 kit and a lot of other new parts. That one I have seen in person but haven't had a chance to test ride it yet. He does have paperwork of all that's been done and the motor has about 6 months left on the warranty. He is asking for 3850 unfortunately also without a trailer. What is your opinion on that one?

+1
    I would try to avoid a ski that has been modified as much as possible, a modified ski will require more maintenance and oversight. If you're new, you really want a totally stock ski so you know all the parts are where they're supposed to be and if something happens you'll have a much easier time tracking down the problem.

The second ski, you are paying the inflated price to cover the stage 2 upgrades. Buying a modded ski as your first ski is a gamble as you might be buying someone else's problem. It concerns me with the SBT engine and with all of the mods to truly be a stage 2 kit. In the long run for reliability, unless you know the seller and can vouch for the quality of the install or the ski (some of the senior forum members) starting stock and learning along the way is your best bet

+1
    price also depends on location, here on the west coast, that is a good price. It's a lot of hours but 1000 hours on a 4tec is not unheard of.

Thread Information