Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: removing ribbon

+1

removing ribbon

2015 Yamaha fzs,riva stage 1 kit....how hard is it to remove the flame arrestor (ribbon) on this ski?...on a scale of 1-10,10 being extremely difficult,i rate this job a 12!...do you have to remove the injector rail?and get a small handed person to remove the bolts on the bottom?...RIVA In Pompano Florida sells this kit and other go fast goodies but does not modify ski's (and I rather do it myself)considering I've installed all the other stage 1 parts...it looks like you actually have to remove manifold from ski to get to bolts that attach throttle body to manifold...has anyone done this to this ski? THX Ed

Banned User
    +1
    About a 3 not to bad. Got small arms even easier. Rail can stay on

+1
    Simply follow Riva instructions and you will be fine. It is easy. Peal back wire harness and disconnect fuel line. Note that zip ties are reusable kind so dont cut them. All of the bolts can be reached from up top. The only bolts low is the hose clamp on the throttle body and the two holding intake manifold to block.

Make sure you have a good torque wrench. It's time consuming but not very difficult. If you are planning on adding a boost gauge or RRFPR, go ahead and tap the manifold. Don't forget to plug everything back. Good luck.

+1
    You want to remove the manifold from the engine, period. No sense trying to work around that. You will work harder and take longer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by expedition View Post
    Make sure you have a good torque wrench. It's time consuming but not very difficult. If you are planning on adding a boost gauge or RRFPR, go ahead and tap the manifold. Don't forget to plug everything back. Good luck.
    Good point. Even if you think you dont need it, do it just in case. I added 1 port for BOV almost wish I would of put 2 in there now.

7. +1 by:

Yeah. When I did my ribbon delete, I did not tap the manifold so when I added the Fizzle and RRFPR, I had to remove the manifold and tap both sides. It would have saved me a few hours to do it when I did the ribbon delete. Oh well.

+1
    The bolts on the bottom are a bear to put back in. I actually got pissed and left one out but according to a few well respected members they are not required. Drill and tap the manifold, not too hard at all. Overall I'd give the install a 5 on the difficulty scale only because it's the first time I've done it.

+1
    First thing lay a towel under manifold just incase you drop something you can get..............you need alot of patience good luck.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Simply follow Riva instructions and you will be fine. It is easy. Peal back wire harness and disconnect fuel line. Note that zip ties are reusable kind so dont cut them. All of the bolts can be reached from up top. The only bolts low is the hose clamp on the throttle body and the two holding intake manifold to block.
    +1 on this. But be careful when disconnecting the fuel line because it will be pressurized and will spray a little gas. Consider disconnecting it with a shop rag or paper towel.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information