Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New to the Yamaha PWC world

Hey guys, I am looking at purchasing a Yamaha FX cruiser SVHO and was just looking for some input as to how the machine runs and its reliability. Everything I have read from review sites points to it being a top of the line machine, but I'd like to hear from some of you who have personal experience with them. Also, I was offered $17,500 (CAD) taxes in, with a trailer, for a dealer demo that has 10 hours on it and no damage. Good deal? Bad Deal? Thanks for the help guys!

+1
    Hello Element, welcome to the Hulk. I have been out pricing them ... The base price around now is about $14,500. trailer is always high ($1200.), you can locate nice trailer for around 500. take to pick up new ski. Taxes here in MO. $1200.dealer prep puts out the door @ $16.2K so the make up is in the new trailer etc. Good Luck

+1
    Out the door price in Kansas including 5 year warranty was $15000. on a 2015 fxSVHO. Not a cruiser model.

+1
    My 2014 model was $16800 out the door w/ trailer. Felt like I could of gotten a better deal but didn't feel like going out of my way to obtain it. Not much has changed between the '14 and '15 models except for the RIDE system, which seems to be working out very well for them. 128hrs on mine and zero issues so far. It's a great machine and very enjoyable to ride. Whether your riding all day long or riding in the rough this thing is continuously comfortable.

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it! I forgot to mention that this was a 2014 I was looking at and that the MRSP here in Canada was 18,500 plus taxes of 13%. So I feel like I'm getting a decent deal.

+1
    !!!
    13% tax rate = free health care. Lol

+1
    Typically in the past (pre-2014) Yamaha had the reputation for reliability. In the last 6 months I have begun to question some things with the 2014-2015 models and Yamahas responses. I sold my FZ and FX and bought (2) Seadoo 260's (GTX Ltd, and RXTX) which I love. I am still Yamaha at heart and would like to see what happens in 16-17 before I buy a new Yamaha.

Hold my beer and watch this... JohnnyMac's Avatar
    +1
    I would take a good look around for a '15. The RiDE system is amazing IMHO. My two SeaDoos just have the pull up reverse (no iBR) and they are constantly getting beat around the dock and in tight quarters. The RiDE is incredibly easy to maneuver and slows you down pretty quickly from WOT to zero. I would think a road trip down to the states would save you a ton of $$$. I got my 15 FXSVHO (no trailer) for $14,600 USD out the door.

+1
    I would venture that a "demo" would not have been broken in "by the book." So who knows what problems that might bring in the future? I'm thinking that they just put it out there brand new and prospective customers began beating on it from the beginning.

Also, you should be able to a "new" one for less money--especially if you can wait a couple of months. After the riding season is over, the prices should decrease as people are not so eager to buy during the winter months.

10. +1 by:

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaRoc View Post
    !!!
    13% tax rate = free health care. Lol

You would probably find that to be a bargain compared to what we pay currently for health care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information