Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,969
    +1
    1,445

    2001 Virage TX No Spark

    Helping a friend with his Virage 1200 she developed a no spark condition. Ski had the ebox full of water we cleaned it all up and she was running then after a 30 min ride she died. I've done all the checks and I come up with bad stator readings.
    BLK to GRND 15K should be 0. BLK to PUR 15.5 should be 5.5. Y to R/PUR 10.9 should be 0.75.
    Thoughts before I buy a new stator.


  2. #2
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    46,504
    +1
    2,708
    There may be water and corrosion in the flywheel housing. Check in there as you may need more than just the stator.

    Also check that there isn't any issue at the Deutsch connector inline with the stator cable.

  3. #3
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,969
    +1
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Helping a friend with his Virage 1200 she developed a no spark condition. Ski had the ebox full of water we cleaned it all up and she was running then after a 30 min ride she died. I've done all the checks and I come up with bad stator readings.
    BLK to GRND 15K should be 0. BLK to PUR 15.5 should be 5.5. Y to R/PUR 10.9 should be 0.75.
    Thoughts before I buy a new stator.
    We pulled the cover and she is Clean and dry. The connector is also clean.

  4. #4
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    46,504
    +1
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Helping a friend with his Virage 1200 she developed a no spark condition. Ski had the ebox full of water we cleaned it all up and she was running then after a 30 min ride she died. I've done all the checks and I come up with bad stator readings.
    BLK to GRND 15K should be 0. BLK to PUR 15.5 should be 5.5. Y to R/PUR 10.9 should be 0.75.
    Thoughts before I buy a new stator.
    We pulled the cover and she is Clean and dry. The connector is also clean.
    Sounds like you need a new stator.

    I would pull the flywheel now while waiting for the stator to arrive, just in case there is something else going on behind there.

  5. #5
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,969
    +1
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Helping a friend with his Virage 1200 she developed a no spark condition. Ski had the ebox full of water we cleaned it all up and she was running then after a 30 min ride she died. I've done all the checks and I come up with bad stator readings.
    BLK to GRND 15K should be 0. BLK to PUR 15.5 should be 5.5. Y to R/PUR 10.9 should be 0.75.
    Thoughts before I buy a new stator.
    We pulled the cover and she is Clean and dry. The connector is also clean.
    Sounds like you need a new stator.

    I would pull the flywheel now while waiting for the stator to arrive, just in case there is something else going on behind there.
    I agree just wanted reassurance before buying.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2001 Virage TX, no spark, replaced stator and CDI
    By RUSTY2 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-06-2016, 07:55 AM
  2. 2001 Virage TX No spark
    By gkfrost9 in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 06:45 AM
  3. 2001 Virage TX no spark, Help with Checks on CDI Module
    By Big U in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 11:47 AM
  4. 2001 VIRAGE TX no spark
    By BCGUMP in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 12:08 PM
  5. Virage TX no spark
    By OzVirage in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2007, 04:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •