Thread: Thumb throttle?

Thumb throttle?

Recently picked up a '15 VXR. 4 hours on her now, and absolutely infatuated with her in every way, except the dam throttle. After about 1/2 hour of playing around, I get wicked bad arthritic pain in my finger. Does anyone know of a way to swap this with a thumb, or even twist, throttle? Not sure what else may help, but I've gotta figure something out. Many thanks in advance,

+1
    That's funny because I ride my SeaDoos and after a while, my thumb starts to cramp up. I get back on the SVHO and its so much more comfortable to me.

+1
    I've never seen it done on here, but I'm sure its possible. The VXR has an electronic throttle so I dont see why you couldn't flip the trigger around and then adjust the throttle cable as necessary (its in the service manual).

Have you tried using two fingers on the throttle? I know this helps me a lot (compared to one finger) with hand fatigue. Also, I saw this: http://www.ez-throttle.com/

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Also, I saw this: http://www.ez-throttle.com/
    If you want to be utterly disappointed, use the EZ Throttle. It's a huge POS. I can't believe I wasted my cash. I sent it back the day I installed it.

+1
    you shouldn't get a cramp if your lever is constantly pulled into the handle grip keep it pinned and your finger won't get sore

6. +1 by:

LOL. Might take me a bit of time before I can just hold her flat out like that. My 242LS is lucky to hit 48mph, so this thing is just silly right now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    That's funny because I ride my SeaDoos and after a while, my thumb starts to cramp up. I get back on the SVHO and its so much more comfortable to me.
    I had a 2011 SHO Cruiser. I would cramp all the time. Got Carpal Tunnel in both hands. Since getting my 2014 FXSVHO with the pistol grips, no problem. Not sure if they're interchangeable.

Well, I hadn't heard of that EZ-throttle, so I decided to give it a try. Came in today, and I installed it.

While I was installing, I learned the dam throttle spins around so I can put it wherever I want it...

I even called and asked the salesman (sales manager) if he knew of any way to adapt a thumb throttle to it, and he mentioned nothing about that.

Oh well. I'll give the EZ-throttle a go this Saturday and see what I think anyway.

You just need more time with it. The new 2015 skis are freaking great and the trottle is fantastic. Give it time...only mod i would think of would be possilble on the older skis with a throttle cable would be to put a motorcycle twist action on it...THATS the bees knees. Would be much harder with your new fancy ass TPS in the handle powered ski....

2 fingers do not fit on the 15 VXR. I like the bounce back N forth between machines idea. Only problem is the VXR is what I like to ride compared to my 95 Polaris!!

Thread Information