Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2009 RXT IS IBR and driveshaft problems

Hi not new to the forum but first time posting

I picked up a 2009 rxt is a month ago ( my first ski) and now I am having problems with my IBR and VTS

My VTS won't work from my left hand keypad the indication moves in the screen but doesn't do anything on the ski nor will it work from the settings. My right hand keypad is now showing a error on the dash so I just ordered a new key pad for that issue.

I hooked up a 12 v battery direct to the IBR actuator at the back of the ski and it moved all the way up so I'm guessing the problem is electrical and not the actuator but where do I start from here

My codes right now are
    C2102
    P1661
    C0073
    All to do with the IBR

also on another topic I noticed that the rubber is coming off of my driveshaft is this something I should be concerned about? Was hoping to just ride it the rest of the summer then replace it in the winter our summer months are to short to have to be repairing the machine all the time any help would be great!

+1
    no repair parts are available for the ibr....its all or nothing ....$1000+ ouch
    does the ride plate bolt to the pump on yours?

Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    no repair parts are available for the ibr....its all or nothing ....$1000+ ouch
    does the ride plate bolt to the pump on yours?

Im im not too sure if it bolts to the ride plate bolts up to the pump or not to be honest I'll have to take a look when I get back home but what difference do it make?

+1
    lots... the models that have the pump bolted to the ride plate have drive shaft and other problems

Ok I'll check it out but will that have anything to do with the IBR not working though it almost seems that it's a electrical problem and not mechanical

+1
    no, but you said your drive shaft is peeling and that is a sign of other problems
    the 09 has the odd ball drive shaft that is known to have weak splines

the IBR system is voltage sensitive

Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    no, but you said your drive shaft is peeling and that is a sign of other problems
    the 09 has the odd ball drive shaft that is known to have weak splines

the IBR system is voltage sensitive
    Yes I think it was one of the only years with a rubber coated driveshaft but I might be wrong, if it continues to peal will it start to leak? Not sure if all the shaft is rubber right up to the carbon seal or if it is just what you can see is rubber coated. I was planning on changing it out but was hoping to get the rest of this year out of it.

For the IBR I did get a low battery voltage message when I first started the machine think that could cause the codes?

Also so should the IBR work when on the trailer? Not 100% sure on how it should work

Ok Fixed the ibr issues after checking the the power to the IBR motor i decided to pull the IBR unit and take it apart

found the mechanical part to be full of water and stuck at the fully up position. Took it all apart cleaned it up and greased with waterproof grease. resealed and installed now works like a dream beats paying a grand for a new unit.

Now I have to order all the parts to change out the rubber coated driveshaft for a regular driveshaft any one have any experience on changing the rubber coated driveshafts for normal and the parts required?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Corn View Post
    Ok Fixed the ibr issues after checking the the power to the IBR motor i decided to pull the IBR unit and take it apart

found the mechanical part to be full of water and stuck at the fully up position. Took it all apart cleaned it up and greased with waterproof grease. resealed and installed now works like a dream beats paying a grand for a new unit.

Now I have to order all the parts to change out the rubber coated driveshaft for a regular driveshaft any one have any experience on changing the rubber coated driveshafts for normal and the parts required?
    Good job, Dude!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Corn View Post
    any one have any experience on changing the rubber coated driveshafts for normal and the parts required?
    A friend with a 2009 changed his shortly after buying it new. Been fine with the conversion 5 years later...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information