waveraider on a hose

I have a 95 701 that runs for about 20 minutes then dies. This is getting to be a real problem to diagnose on the water so I am wondering if there is a limit to how long you can run a ski on a hose. I need to run it 20 to 30 minutes before it starts acting up. Will running it on a hose for that length of time be a problem. I would appreciate any information .

+1
    I don't see it causing any problem on the Yamaha pump setup. I would probably shoot some water into the pump and underneath at where the driveshaft comes out every 5 minutes just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    I don't see it causing any problem on the Yamaha pump setup. I would probably shoot some water into the pump and underneath at where the driveshaft comes out every 5 minutes just in case.
    Thanks for the reply, I will do that.

Check for spark after 20 minutes. I'm wondering if your pickup coil is getting hot and it's loosing spark. Once the motor is cold...it works fine again. If you have spark when it dies...then check for fuel. This is assuming your compression is good and you aren't soft seizing.

5. +1 by:

If it was soft seizing it would not crank like normal while it was still hot would it? The ski cranks like normal it just won't start. the compression is 150 and 152. I plan on running the ski on a hose until it quits and then checking for spark. At least I will know if it is electrical or fuel. My main concern is will it harm the ski to run it on a hose that long? If it is electrical my two main suspects are the pickup coil or cdi.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubspeed View Post
    Check for spark after 20 minutes. I'm wondering if your pickup coil is getting hot and it's loosing spark. Once the motor is cold...it works fine again. If you have spark when it dies...then check for fuel. This is assuming your compression is good and you aren't soft seizing.
    This too, is what I was thinking. The ignition coil gets hot and looses spark.

Thread Information