Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does Anyone Leave Their STX 15F in the water or Dock It Without Those Plastic Ramps?

I know the owners manual says not to. However, does anyone dock their 15F in the water? Mine is on a dock and in the water. Does anyone make an anode kit for this ski? Just pulled my old STX 1200R and sold it and had a little corrosion on the plate and jet tube.

+1
    Not a good idea because a leaky driveshaft seal will sink it. I would assume that you're leaving the 'Ski in fresh water, as salt water will destroy it quickly.

West Marine has anodes in various shapes. Fresh water and salt water require different materials.

its docked in fresh water at a lake in pennsylvania. i was considering drilling 2 holes at the very end of the ride plate and mounting 2 magnesium anodes on it. i was just wondering how many people out there actually dock their ski's and if anyone has ever considered mounting anodes on them. if there aren't any then i suppose that i'm going to be the 1st. i would however find that hard to believe.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaholic_ View Post
    its docked in fresh water at a lake in pennsylvania. i was considering drilling 2 holes at the very end of the ride plate and mounting 2 magnesium anodes on it. i was just wondering how many people out there actually dock their ski's and if anyone has ever considered mounting anodes on them. if there aren't any then i suppose that i'm going to be the 1st. i would however find that hard to believe.
    If your not wanting to spend the money on a floating dock I have seen a crane used that can be bolted to the dock... then lift the ski out on to a pwc dolly. the cost of repairs over time leaving the ski in the water is worth spending some on the dock or crane.

its not the money. i dock it in a federal compound so the docks cannot have anything bolted to them. its either sits in the lot on a trailer or in the water. i chose in the water. thats where it is staying. im not worried about sinking. it is insured.

+1
    Yea, you might try the anodes. Probably won't hurt anything.

+1
    The guy I bought mine from had it docked in the water for 4 seasons, it had a lot of corrosion on the pump & ride plate, but the rest was ok, I would spray all the aluminum parts with a HD silicon lube to prevent some of the corrosion.

+1
    I would probably remove all the screws on the ride plate and jet pump and give them a generous coating of anti-seize, or you may never get them out again.

9. +1 by:

Steve not really sure i would do that, have you ever looked under your ski to find the intake grate gone? Happened to my brother a few weeks ago, just like studs on vehicle i would not put lubricant on them.

With that said on my bros outdrive of his 27 foot sea ray we did an anode mod and mounted one right into the center of the double prop, after one season it was pretty chewed up but rest of the out drive in perfect shape. give it a try but like most of us feel you will never find me leaving any of my skis in the water floating for a night, just has disaster all over it. Fresh or salt

11. +1 by:

+1
    I have been known to put anti-seize on the threads and Loctite under the screw head.

It would be a good idea to check the tightness of the screws periodically I suppose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information