R&D Air Filter
    R&D Reflashed ECU
    Ribbon Delete
    R&D Intake Grate
    Seal Kit
    RIVA Engine Breather
    Skat Trak impeller
    R&D BOV

Ok, I rode my ski at Nags Head NC and my Riva engine breather zip tie snapped and the filter was dangling in my engine compartment, and oil was on it, so I was told by Riva to clean it and I will be fine. I returned home cleaned and flushed my system of all salt water, and I was riding this weekend, and noticed a delayed in throttle after I am at max RPM's when I let of the throttle slowly in rough water, however when I let the throttle hard and the hit the throttle again there is no delay.

I thought it was my spark plugs fowling, so I replaced them and it continues a delay throttle response around 6k RMP's. I only experienced this after installing the R&D BOV, I have a stock super charger, however I was recommended to get a BOV, however, I am hearing mix reviews on the need since I am running a stock super charger.

Is there a chance their is an issue with the BOV, it's the only denominator in the equation related to the bust when the throttle in response to acceleration from high speed. Has anyone experience this issue? I need sound feedback please.

What things can I check on the BOV to see if its working properly? I removed it to check it out, all of my other hoses are secure and not loose, if someone can advise me on what to check, I would appreciate it, thank you.

+1
    Are you able to put a block off plate on where the BoV is installed? If so do that and see if your throttle response comes back. What spring do you have installed in the BOV? Also when you pull throttle in does the BOV close all the way?

I do not have a block plate, I have a brass fitting that is screwed into the manifold boss, which a vacuum hose attaches to. I do not know what spring is in the BOV, it's anR&D Tial Bov. I took everything apart. I could put my stock house on and block off the boss. Have you heard of issues with the springs in bov's?

I do not have a block plate, I have a brass fitting that is screwed into the manifold boss, which a vacuum hose attaches to. I do not know what spring is in the BOV, it's anR&D Tial Bov. I took everything apart. I could put my stock house on and block off the boss. Have you heard of issues with the springs in bov's?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorVXR View Post
    No its just that if its a wrong spring installed can causes issues where the BOV doesnt open and close properly. But I would definitley try to remove the BOV and see if response is better or delayed. I havent seen a BOV cause this but only way to prove it is to block it off or remove it and see.

This is what R&D stated.

Hi Dion,

This is normal. The BOV is pressure and vacuum operated. The intake is in a vacuum state up to 5500-6000 rpm.

Regards,

Glenn Dickinson
    R&D Racing Products

I need to weigh the pros and cons to keep the bov, it an issue when racing someone in the chop.

I need to weigh the pros and cons to keep the bov, it an issue when racing someone in the chop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorVXR View Post
    This is what R&D stated.

Hi Dion,

This is normal. The BOV is pressure and vacuum operated. The intake is in a vacuum state up to 5500-6000 rpm.

Regards,

Glenn Dickinson
    R&D Racing Products
    i know that the BOV operates in that matter but there shouldn't be a delay. I have a Tial 50mm BOV on my FZR and no delay at all. But if R&D says its normal than not sure what to say. One thing to test is see if someone near you has another Tial BOV and just swap and see if anything changes. There was another post on here about BOV and some issues.

I recently had a lil hesitation in my throttle and soon enough the code came on saying I needed a new throttle sensor. Changed it and it was crisp. Didn't even realize it was lagging until I changed it. Something to look at.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information