Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    2015 fx cruiser svho new guy looking for advice

    Just purchased my 2015 svho and love it. But I love to mod even more. I'm familiar with blowers and turbos so I understand the whole thing but I'm new to jet skis.

    The first thing I bought was a bov cause I know how bad back pressure is.
    I've taken the ski out a few times and getting the 10 hour service done but now I want more mods

    I just bought a air filter, ribbon delete, engine breather filter, and through the hull exhaust from riva. From what I read was after the ribon delete I would be on the limiter.

    My question is if I wait till the end of the season to install a impeller with getting the proper pitch will the Rev limiter get me annoyed and ruin the rest of ridding season for me? Or could I deal with it.

    Also I will probably add a seal kit when I do the impeller. But should I add anything else. I'm not trying to break any speed records. I just want a little sound and the engine to breath better. Not trying to reflash or mess with doing anything to void warranty.


  2. #2
    GRF + DashPac:) seadoo02xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,788
    +1
    1,045
    Alright another newbie to Yamaha like me! I bought this same ski a month ago and am pretty impressed with it so far . With only a Motec m130 and one small cooling mod it just ran 77.8mph. Pretty good for this whale! I'm planning the mods you posted above for this season then turbo in the late fall.

    I can't speak for the rev limiter question . Mine was running right on it out of the box . It sort of just hit a wall.

    The m130 really woke it up !

  3. #3
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,305
    +1
    889
    Congrats on the purchase! They are great skis and very fast and quick for what they are.

    You are on the right track. Add the Solas 13/20 Impeller with Jims pitch, R&D intake grate, R&D stuffer kit, Leo's wedge, and Jim's rideplate mod to your ski and you should be close to 75 mph at 7740 rpm.
    With similar mods, a few weeks ago in this Florida heat and humidity, I ran 75.6 mph at 7740 rpm.

  4. #4
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,305
    +1
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    Alright another newbie to Yamaha like me! I bought this same ski a month ago and am pretty impressed with it so far . With only a Motec m130 and one small cooling mod it just ran 77.8mph. Pretty good for this whale! I'm planning the mods you posted above for this season then turbo in the late fall.

    I can't speak for the rev limiter question . Mine was running right on it out of the box . It sort of just hit a wall.

    The m130 really woke it up !

    AHHHH!!! Welcome to the bright side where everyone is willing to help each other and not bash...

    Congrats on the ski and speeds.


  5. #5
    GRF + DashPac:) seadoo02xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,788
    +1
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    Alright another newbie to Yamaha like me! I bought this same ski a month ago and am pretty impressed with it so far . With only a Motec m130 and one small cooling mod it just ran 77.8mph. Pretty good for this whale! I'm planning the mods you posted above for this season then turbo in the late fall.

    I can't speak for the rev limiter question . Mine was running right on it out of the box . It sort of just hit a wall.

    The m130 really woke it up !

    AHHHH!!! Welcome to the bright side where everyone is willing to help each other and not bash...

    Congrats on the ski and speeds.
    Haha yep ! I have taken the leap!

    It's not a t3 hull that's for sure but it is pretty nice! Love all the cup holders !!

    The build quality under the seat is so much better than Seadoo. Don't get me wrong I'm still a Seadoo guy and don't plan on letting my px go unless I'm getting another one. But it is what it is! This thing is a foot longer and weighs the same as a px.
    The fx is great to ride all day where the px is awesome if you just want to tear some shit up !

  6. #6
    04gtxsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,101
    +1
    198
    Congrats Evan you will love that machine. I like mine more every time I get to ride it. Come on down to Table rock and ride with us.

  7. #7
    GRF + DashPac:) seadoo02xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,788
    +1
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    Congrats Evan you will love that machine. I like mine more every time I get to ride it. Come on down to Table rock and ride with us.
    I'll meet you in Osage beach

  8. #8
    04gtxsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,101
    +1
    198
    Maybe some time. Not a real fan of LOTO. Too busy most of the time for me. Try Ozark Yammi Monster he has a place there and loves to ride.

  9. #9
    WP3223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    895
    +1
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Congrats on the purchase! They are great skis and very fast and quick for what they are.

    You are on the right track. Add the Solas 13/20 Impeller with Jims pitch, R&D intake grate, R&D stuffer kit, Leo's wedge, and Jim's rideplate mod to your ski and you should be close to 75 mph at 7740 rpm.
    With similar mods, a few weeks ago in this Florida heat and humidity, I ran 75.6 mph at 7740 rpm.

    Anyone think the Dealer may try to sweat you on the warranty if a Riva or Fizzle IC was installed? Would be really schweet to run closer to 77 @ 7750ish. All with a 5 year warranty

  10. #10
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,305
    +1
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by WP3223 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Congrats on the purchase! They are great skis and very fast and quick for what they are.

    You are on the right track. Add the Solas 13/20 Impeller with Jims pitch, R&D intake grate, R&D stuffer kit, Leo's wedge, and Jim's rideplate mod to your ski and you should be close to 75 mph at 7740 rpm.
    With similar mods, a few weeks ago in this Florida heat and humidity, I ran 75.6 mph at 7740 rpm.

    Anyone think the Dealer may try to sweat you on the warranty if a Riva or Fizzle IC was installed? Would be really schweet to run closer to 77 @ 7750ish. All with a 5 year warranty
    My concern would be would that cause it to run to lean?

    I think if the mod caused the problem causing warranty claim then it can be a problem, otherwise it shouldn't void warranty, but every dealer is different. I do know that Yamaha has cracked down on claims and has been requesting a printout of the ECU on all claims.

    I have been wanting to install rear exhaust but have held off because I have the 5 year warranty as well. I was going to call my dealer and see if that would be a problem. Now if the hull cracks where the rear outlet is or coupler fails sinking ski then I am sure it would not be covered under warranty, but if something like timing chain fails, then it would be covered.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2015 FX Cruiser SVHO - 70 hours and SEAT COMING APART
    By walterw in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-26-2016, 12:50 AM
  2. Need Mechanic / DIY'er advise on a 2015 FX Cruiser SVHO
    By Bpace07 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2015, 01:27 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-24-2015, 02:02 PM
  4. New guy looking for some tips on tracking down No spark problem
    By phantommr2 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 02:16 PM
  5. hey guys, new here looking for advice!
    By mossbergman in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 08:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •