+1

12V Low warning light.

Shortly after purchasing my '04 GTX Limited (138 hrs.) last summer I got a 12V low warning light. Not wanting to get stranded I promptly loaded it back up and brought it home. I checked the volts on the battery and was 12.6V, I then hooked up the water hose and tested the battery running and it was about 14.2 - 14.3. I took the battery and had it tested and it tested good so I went back out and after 15-20 minutes of riding the light went out. I rode it 5-6 times through the summer and each time I would get the light and the warning would eventually clear.

This year I decided to replace the regulator/rectifier for peace of mind since I usually ride alone and into some not so busy areas where the water is nice and smooth. I bought the regulator from RegulatorRecitifier.com and installed it. I took it out and still had the 12V low warning so I checked the output and again it is at 14.2-4V. I rode several minutes and couldn't get any more than about 3500 rpm's as if it went into limp mode so I put it back on the trailer. I didn't disconnect the battery when I replaced the regulator and am wondering if this may have caused an issue?

+1
    The 12V low warning comes on when voltage drops below a certain threshold. Often this can happen when starting the engine. I had the same issue with my RXP, as it would struggle for a few seconds when first cranking. I replaced the starter solenoid and have not had the 12V warning since.

check the 2 30amp fuses at relay for corrosion on contacts.

+1
    When you go to start the ski in the water in draws the battery down, and it takes a little while for the charging system to get the battery back up. Some skis do this. My 08 Rxtx would do it, not matter how charged the battery was. As long as it goes away shortly after you start riding it, you will be ok.

+1
    Clean your battery leads where they attach to the battery.

+1
    ya the fuses were my problem on my 05 gxt

Check the connector coming out of the stator where it hooks to the main harness. It's probably heating up and causing the low voltage. You will be able to tell looking at the connector it will be burnt. Just happened to mine.

+1
    Thanks for the replies guys. I have checked and cleaned my battery terminals, and the fuses. Don't know much about Sea-Doo's at this point but did manage to pull my SC in about 40 minutes for the first time yesterday. Shipped it out today for rebuild!

Thread Information