Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

R&d anti cavitation pump cone thoughts.

Installed it last night and took the ski out today. With the 1* wedge installed the pump cone definetly helped the ski stay hooked up in chop. Clear difference. Still having cavitation from a dead stop though, even with the trim all the way down. in my opinion the $90 cone was worth it for the extra hook up in the chop. Rpms were up anywhere from 50-100. I wanted to get a top speed but the water was too choppy. I'll post the #s if there are any speed gains. Probably be very small if any im guessing. Also ordered a r&d pump shoe seal kit. Don't waste your time or money. Doesn't even come close to fitting , just like their grate.

Banned User
    +1
    Rpms were up with a larger cone?

Banned User
    +1
    What prop you have? My ski in cc trim (nose down and on rails) will do 75 and not spin the prop once, no fancy cone etc

+1
    Exactly mike i dont believe the cone helps in this area

Banned User
    +1
    Ive never met nic face to face but im 100% he's got a secret just like this...... instead of chasing 100rpms day to day get yourself one of these binder/notebooks. Log: air temp, altitude etc. I even have valve clearance and compression.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1437885597962.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	366503 Most important is adjusted altitude and mods for the day. We have YEARS of this stuff

6. +1 by:

+1
    Mike I have the stock prop. Impros repitched It from a stock 14/22 to a 14/22.5. I had very slight cav before the wedge , but now it's worse. What would you recommend prop wise ? What are you running ? Could pm me if you'd like. Oh and the cone looks to be the same size , but angled up a little bit to align with the wedge. Definetly felt smoother and had more hookup in chop ,just wish it helped the cav.. Thanks

Banned User
    +1
    I dont have a "310" but i promise i make more then 310.... i use a modified solas 14/xx... once you get up there in power the root angle of the prop is what will help you make speed/not spin

+1
    I have to do something. Cav is bad at this point. I feel like if i hold it wot from a dead stop i could break something that's how bad it is. Took the intake grate off and there's no gap at all. Looks good.

+1
    just noticed you said the pump shoe seal kit dont fit? it fits the 300 no probs at all. not sure what your issues are maybe its your stance on the ski have you tried shifting your weight right over the front? also these pumps are very finicky to wear, the slightest amount of wear and they will loose performance and cavitate. just because you may have low hrs doesnt mean its not worn already, i can burn a solas prop in 20hrs or less.
    another mistake can be doing to many mods at once, go back to the start where it was ok.

+1
    Yeah I tried leaning my ass over the front didn't really do much. Could the r&d plate cause it? Starting to come to me that it started after the plate and air mods. The wedge definetly made it worse/ more noticable though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information