New to this site, and have 310R to be picked up soon...

I have been reading the forums for a few weeks, ok months, and figured I would join. I currently have a '14 15F, but will be trading it soon on a 310R(kids birthday parties the next 2 weeks, family first). I have been reading about the different problems that others have had with their 310's and am hopeful that I don't encounter those myself. I normally ride on a small lake, about 10miles long, and half to 1 mile long. I don't get a lot of wave churn, but the wind is a big factor out there.

Anyways, I am looking for and am open to suggestions for endurance racing. Last year a new race was started on Lake of the Ozarks. It is the Dam Challenge, http://midwestboatparty.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=39747 . We started at the 0 MM, as close to Bagnel dam as possible, and "raced" to the Truman dam(94mm). Then have to turn around after touching the shore line, and "race" back. In the thread link you can read about it starting around page 30. There is also video of a boat running the same "race". I use the " because it is a race but more of a challenge. The guy that I race it with had a RTX, and beat me by about a 1min, but we were the first 2 to complete it with official times.

Anyways, it is something that is new and different. We will be running again this year, but the cool thing about it is that you can run any time. All you have to do is call Brett at Performance Boat Center to set up official timing. You can race any day that you think that will help put the best time down. This is in its infancy so there are some kinks to work out, but there isn't anything that I am aware of like it.

Now that there is some history, , I plan on running the same race this year with the 310R. I know that I will be burning more fuel than the 15f, but also have 25% more fuel to burn. I know that I will need the fuel tank extension, but what other modifications would be suggested? I am thinking Air Filter(cooler temps), fuel tank arm, Scom, and replacing the boost cover. Am I missing anything?

BTW, Hi everyone.

_Brian
    Last edited by Hate2Wait; 07-25-2015 at 03:55 PM.

+1
    That looks like a lot of fun might be worth setting something up like that where we ride. The 310r by itself is an absolute rocket. They seem to be governed at the 67/68 mph mark but I believe the Riva stage 1 bumps that up to about 71-73 mph. Look in the performance parts section up top and click on Riva. A little pricey but what isn't anymore. Good luck with your new ski. Big ups

Short video of the 388 Skater running the race.

Thread Information