Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

fzr svho oil cooler leaks oil in water!

HI!
    I'm from Romania - have one fzr svho 2014 - 25 hrs - used in salt water that leaks a few drops of oil from the left pisser when running! Anyone else had this problem?

+1
    Yeah I've worked on a few skis with this issue. The cooler itself will have a pin hole in it or a tiny crack. You need to remove and pressure test to find exactly where from. They are not cheap unfortunately.

+1
    If you have warranty take it to the dealer....

+1
    Found another thread, http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ght=oil+cooler but this was the most recent.

Mine just started yesterday with about 45 hours on the ski. It is not a lot, but just enough to leave an oil sheen on the water. My ski lived its first 30 hours in fresh water and last 10 hours in both fresh and salt and I always back my ski into lake after salt water ride and run it for a while and also flush ski with Dawn liquid detergent which is similar concept as salt away. So I doubt it is corrosion related. 2014 part number is 6ET-13470-00-00 and 2016 is 6ET-13470-01-00 so maybe something changed for the better?

+1
    Anyone? I cant be the only one with this issue. Just wondering if just replacing the oil cooler fixed the problem. I would imagine it did, but just want to ask.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Not just you Gus, The new oil coolers are very thin i have seen leaks. I have installed the old style very thick aluminum coolers to the new ski's and no issue anymore personally i have never had a old style ski have a cooler leak on me. Have a couple good old styles in stock.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Not just you Gus, The new oil coolers are very thin i have seen leaks. I have installed the old style very thick aluminum coolers to the new ski's and no issue anymore personally i have never had a old style ski have a cooler leak on me. Have a couple good old styles in stock.

Ah, ok. True, never seen an old one with the problem. I knew I should have just called you about it, but was on line and figured I would post about it. I'll call you later.

Not sure where the pin hole is, in the whole assembly or that little cooler attachment? Wonder if the 2016 is any better? Looks like they changed part numbers for the oil cooler itself for 2016 from 6ET-13470-00-00 (2014) to 6ET-13470-01-00 (2016).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	382109  

How could you tell if its leaking? I also noticed an oil sheen on the water inside my hull but i cant tell if its from all the anti corrosive i spray or if its from the oil cooler

+1
    Hey Gus, mine did the same thing a few months back. I noticed an oil sheen out the left side outlet only. Ended up being the oil cooler had a pin hole from what I was told by the dealer. Was no water in oil. I got that fixed and a free oil change at the dealer under warranty.

Ugghhh, I think I just joined the club.
    My son was flushing both skis on the lift last weekend. He showed me how Ski #2 had an oil sheen on the water coming from the front left pisser. Mine is a 2014 but I got it last summer w/ the 5 year warranty so I'm lucky on that note. At least I'm finding this out in the spring!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information