Overheating SHO with no overheat warning

This is on a 2015 SX192 boat, but it seems like everything is the same as the skis.

Everything has been running perfectly, still does. I have installed a type 14 intercooler with a dedicated 3/4" coolant line from a tapped stock strainer. I added a valve after the intercooler to adjust flow as needed.

I have never had an overheat warning, and only saw the issue from watching the sensors with YDS software. I hooked the YDS up to monitor IAT while adjusting the flow valve, and I noticed the engine temp was 220 deg. It doesn't matter how much I cut back the intercooler flow, the engine temp keeps coming up. I have seen as high as 230 deg. At this time IAT was 104 and exhaust temp was 120.

I have flushed and back flushed everything. I have even pulled thermostat and all coolant lines, and pump strainer. I can't find anything that could be blocking flow.

Any ideas why its heating up? Why am I not getting an alarm? With no performance upgrades other than intercooler, I shouldn't have to upgrade cooling yet.

Same thing yesterday. I adjusted the flow to the intercooler until almost all of the cooling water was going to the engine. Still a slow creep in temp up to 220 where I slowed down to let it cool. When is the overheat alarm supposed to come on?

OK. I'll keep updating, I'm sure someone will have some input. I picked up a temp gun on the way to the lake today. Ran it hard for 15 minutes and checked temp. 230 degrees at front of engine and 140 degrees at back of engine. I drove 25mph for 10 minutes, and same results. Ive never run it shallow, not sure what to think. Any input would be much apreciated.

Thread Information