48mm Mikuni SBN carb??

Has anyone every had or messed with a mikuni 48mm sbn...I have 1998 Kawasaki 750sxi pro with factory pipe, v-force 3 reeds and west cost intake manifold for the single carb.. These skis came stock with dual carbs and I bought this ski with the single and am having trouble tuning it.. I thought it was a 44mm until I actually pulled it out to measure and measured 48mm which would make me assume the jetting may be different? Any help or leads would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

+1
    As far as tuning it goes, what's with the rusty fudge in this picture?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	366388  

Oh sorry this has been an ongoing problem trying to tune this ski.. I actually sank my ski because the driveline bearing blew apart and everything got filled with water hence the goo... Since I had to pull the motor to fix the bearing, I took the carb apart to clean it and measured it out of curiosity and realized its a 48 because I thought it was a 44 which would lead me to believe the jetting would be different.. Before the ski sank, the ski ran pretty good but def not up to its potential.. The carb has since been cleaned spotless with rebuild kit ready to install once I figure out a good start with the jetting.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    May try posting this in the Kawasaki 2 Stroke section.....

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Start with black spring 2.0 on pop-off. Main 150, may need to go higher if lean to 160, pilot 120 and low 1 turn out, high about 1.5 for a start. Low elevation. Higher you would lean (farther) out like 1.25 and 1.75
    Get your idle to low dialed in then do your high transition.
    Single good for low end hit not as good for speed.
    Last edited by rlovebk; 07-27-2015 at 04:04 AM.

Ok the spring was definitely something I was questionable on thanks for the info.... I'm am looking for more performance down low which is why I'm goin to stick with the single for now anyways..This will give me a good starting point and hopefully a playin around with the air screws gets it dialed!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmx854 View Post
    Oh sorry this has been an ongoing problem trying to tune this ski.. I actually sank my ski because the driveline bearing blew apart and everything got filled with water hence the goo... Since I had to pull the motor to fix the bearing, I took the carb apart to clean it and measured it out of curiosity and realized its a 48 because I thought it was a 44 which would lead me to believe the jetting would be different.. Before the ski sank, the ski ran pretty good but def not up to its potential.. The carb has since been cleaned spotless with rebuild kit ready to install once I figure out a good start with the jetting.
    The point I was trying to make is that it might be hard to tune if it's filthy inside. Definitely need to start with a clean carburetor to tune it correctly.

8. +1 by:

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    Start with black spring 2.0 on pop-off. Main 150, may need to go higher if lean to 160, pilot 120 and low 1 turn out, high about 1.5 for a start. Low elevation. Higher you would lean (farther) out like 1.25 and 1.75
    Get your idle to low dialed in then do your high transition.
    Single good for low end hit not as good for speed.
    ditto

Thread Information