Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Stage 1 FZR Mods, Did I Miss Anything?

Have placed my initial order of mods for 14 FZR and wanting some feedback if I missed anything. Not just looking at performance mods, also mods that are just good for the ski.

1. RIVA Power Filter
    2. RIVA SCOM
    3. RIVA Rear Exit Exhaust
    4. RIVA Engine Breather
    5. RIVA Ribbon Delete
    6. RIVA Stage 1 Cooling
    7. Solas 13/20

Once #1-6 are installed I plan to have Jim pitch the Solas and modify my ride plate at the same time. Anything else, like a Blow-Off valve, that I should be installing during this first round of mods for ski longevity, etc? I don't plan to do an ECU reflash or intercooler until my next round of mods. Wanting to see how fast I can go with stock ECU first.

If your doing an inter cooler, wait on the bov. But bov is always good

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    I was going to wait and get a Fizzle during my second round of mods. So you think I can wait for the BOV until then? Also what about cooling? The Stage 1 RIVA kit I ordered looks kinda of simple and cheesy but I was torn on whether to go Stage 2 cooling now, cut the hull, and all that or wait until later.

Stage 1 cooling is fine right now. Yea just wait for the bov. If your upgrading a long while from now then get a bov.

+1
    Personally, I recommend the BOV even with just those mods. Buy the Riva HKS kit and when you upgrade the IC you can use the HKS on it and sell the Riva tube. Take a look over in the projects section and see what you can dig up, there's plenty of tips and tricks over there (like the link in my sig )

+1
    Tial 50mm!

7. +1 by:

+1
    No Intake grate?

I fuess Jim is going to do his cut on your stock plate?

Quote Originally Posted by CLASSIC MUSCLE View Post
    I was going to wait and get a Fizzle during my second round of mods. So you think I can wait for the BOV until then? Also what about cooling? The Stage 1 RIVA kit I ordered looks kinda of simple and cheesy but I was torn on whether to go Stage 2 cooling now, cut the hull, and all that or wait until later.
    I added the "simple" Riva Stage 1 cooling kit and also added the Riva thermostat delete. I ride in warmer weather with warmer lake water. I am planning on the stage 2 cooling when I add the intercooler. I did go with similar mods for the modified stage 1 kit and added the R&D BOV so I could get the larger (and better built Tial 50 mm BOV) then the Riva setup. Intake grate unless yours is already a top loader on the FZ.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TyH2009 View Post
    No Intake grate?

I fuess Jim is going to do his cut on your stock plate?
    Oh yea, I forgot about that. What are most people going with? The R&D Aquavein for this ski, right? http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=3129

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam SHO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASSIC MUSCLE View Post
    I added the "simple" Riva Stage 1 cooling kit and also added the Riva thermostat delete. I ride in warmer weather with warmer lake water. I am planning on the stage 2 cooling when I add the intercooler. I did go with similar mods for the modified stage 1 kit and added the R&D BOV so I could get the larger (and better built Tial 50 mm BOV) then the Riva setup. Intake grate unless yours is already a top loader on the FZ.
    The RIVA thermostat delete sounds like a good idea. I always wonder though, what are the risks with running too cool on these skis? You would think the cooler, the better, but if that was the case people wouldn't say only to do the delete if you ride in very warm conditions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information