Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Fizzle Y1000 install question

I'm in the process of installing a Fizzle Y1000 on my 14 FZS SVHO. The incoming stock waterline is larger than the brass barbed fitting provided with the fizzle. When the stock water line is pushed over the fitting and clamped down with the stock clamp it is so loose that I can pull it off with little to no force. I installed a hose clamp over the hose and now the line is nice and snug and cannot be pulled off. I fear that I will get this all put back together just to end up with a water leak. What does everyone think, will the hose clamp work or do I need to go another route?

The same is true with the exit water line...the Y connector provided for the stock dual pissers is too small to fill the hose. Can I just use hose clamps on these connections or is there a better route? I found a T connector that will fit in the exiting water line snugly but don't know if I need to use a Y or if the T is acceptable.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

+1
    I ended up finding a larger Y online. Took a lot of searching. And yes I remember the incoming line being loose. I used a different clamp and all was good there. I reported this during my write up at the time and Fizzle said they would start supplying larger Y's.... I guess they never did.

+1
    And when everything is done fire up on the hose and check for leaks. I had a few I had to chase

+1
    Before I did a dedicated line with my fizzle I switched the incoming water line barb on the fizzle to a 5/8ths barb fitting. It took some effort to push on lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LugNutLS1 View Post
    And when everything is done fire up on the hose and check for leaks. I had a few I had to chase
    Thanks my friend, I'll fire it up after putting the intake manifold back on and pray I don't have to take it off again.

+1
    You can get to the fittings without taking the manifold off. I've done it a few times already

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdcoop0428 View Post
    Before I did a dedicated line with my fizzle I switched the incoming water line barb on the fizzle to a 5/8ths barb fitting. It took some effort to push on lol
    I bet it did, lol. I hope my setup doesn't require me to go that route as I already have the fizzle in place and bolted down and dont want to pull it out to change the barb. If the hose clamp doesn't work I'll follow your advice and swap out the fitting. Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated. On another note, wish we could make it Florida, your Bimini trip was amazing. My wife normally shuts me down when I suggest a trip like that but after seeing your video she was all about it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sbaird4000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdcoop0428 View Post
    I bet it did, lol. I'm my setup doesn't require me to go that route as I already have the fizzle in place and bolted down and down want to pull it out to change the barb. If the hose clamp doesn't work I'll follow you advice and swap out the fitting. Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated. On another note, wish we could make it Florida, your Bimini trip was amazing. My wife normally shits me down when I suggest a trip like that but after seeing your video she was all about it.
    Haha thanks! That's awesome it's definitely a trip to do for sure. One of the best trips ive ever had the pleasure of doing. If I do it again ill take a boat or have a boat go with but we wanted to do the trip on skis only first. Youtube pulled my video which is BS. I'm going try and change a few things and load it back up

+1
    It's a great video that will inspire a lot of people, hope they let you reload it after the revisions. I agree it's bs.

+1
    And in 5 hours or so Tighten everything. Make sure you put the clamps to where to can get to them without having to remove a bunch of shit. You doing yours made me go out and check all my clamps. Sure enough intercooler exit clamp (intercooler side of J pipe) was very loose!!! Got it right now and had to spend about 10 mins digging my phone out (using the light on it) :/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information