Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocean City NJ

Ocean City NJ

We are on vacation the week of August 1st in OC - NJ. Normally I ride in Brigantine...

1. Anyone have any good free or cheap ramps in OC or very close?

2. Also - Anyone have anywhere I can dock the skis for the week? I would be willing to pay a fair rate.

3. Last part - Where is a good place to ride there? Is Great Egg Harbor bay decent?

Thanks All! I am still a newbie but have been enjoying it this year

+1
    Use the Corsons inlet state park ramp and pay the state for it's use. It's resonable... http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandf...%20revised.pdf

I am not sure where you can keep your skis, sorry.. But the area you launch in here has plenty of areas to explore, so just using the ramp every day would work well..

You are down the intercoastal from the GEH Bay, there is some neat places to explore and a few bars to pull up at. You also have the inlet with the best waves in the state here, and you can also move south into Sea Isle through the intercoastal. So tons to do and see in these areas..

A word of caution, be sure to study the satellite map of the inlet, you will notice where all the sandbars are and what sections to be careful with. As stated above, that inlet is amazing for waves, however the state is most likely gonna shut it down as a navigational inlet due to the multiple sandbars. So know what you are doing and take it slow until your familiar..

+1
    Check the trail near the bottom of this page: http://pwctrailfinder.com/NewJerseyPWCTrailRides.html Hope this helps.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by semills View Post
    We are on vacation the week of August 1st in OC - NJ. Normally I ride in Brigantine...

1. Anyone have any good free or cheap ramps in OC or very close?

There's a free ramp right next to the bridge in somers point going into Ocean city.. between the marina and the bridge.
    we launch at that ramp all the time.. it's brand new, water is never an issue.

2. Also - Anyone have anywhere I can dock the skis for the week? I would be willing to pay a fair rate.

3. Last part - Where is a good place to ride there? Is Great Egg Harbor bay decent?

Thanks All! I am still a newbie but have been enjoying it this year
    we ride everywhere from Corsons Inlet (south end of ocean city) to Atlantic city inlet.

PM me when you're here and I'll head out with you.. I'm always up to ride!

If you want to ride trails on the weekend shoot me a pm with your number. I know all the trails from Sea isle up to Ocean city and from sea isle down to cape may.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by underpressure02 View Post
    If you want to ride trails on the weekend shoot me a pm with your number. I know all the trails from Sea isle up to Ocean city and from sea isle down to cape may.

hell, I'd be interested in that too... hehe...

+1
    I am from Upper Township and just starting out would love to ride with some local guys. I know this is an older thread but wanted to throw that out there

+1
    nice

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RLMMG View Post
    I am from Upper Township and just starting out would love to ride with some local guys. I know this is an older thread but wanted to throw that out there
    we're out every weekend! usually launch in somers point and head down to corsons... or up to the cove in Brigantine or anywhere in between. hit me up whenever you want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbranella View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RLMMG View Post

we're out every weekend! usually launch in somers point and head down to carson's... or up to the cove in Brigantine or anywhere in between. hit me up whenever you want to go.
    wow..this sounds like our weekends also.. we put in at the bridge or Kennedy park if too busy..off to either Corson's or to the cove. if we go to corson's we end up at the Deauville inn for lunch and a beverage. if we head north to the cove we end up at the wonder bar for food and drink..do we see a trend here?..we used to dock our boats at harbor cove marina and owned a condo at harbor view. planning to relocate back to Somers point in the next 2 years, retiring then. I think our area is one of the best areas for riding on the north east coast. plenty of places to ride and stop for food and beverage. looks like spring will be here early this year..i have a 2015 gtx 155 and picking up the new 2016 gtx 300 in April. the wife now has her own!..joe

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information