P0111 Code MATS faulty?!?!

So I threw this code last night while just warming up the ski... Searched the forum n got all my answers but one- Am I ok to ride until the new one arrives? Ebody I try is saying 4-5 days!!! Obviously I don't want to damage anything at all as I just put a good chunk of change into her... Thanks guys!

+1
    air temp sensor on some models (green) do not like water
    if you got salt water on it, you can bet its bad
    water does not hurt the blue MATS
    but they are much slower working (look like a water temp sensor) than the green type open wire type
    I believe they are interchangable

Appreciate the info. So do you mean water on the actual sensor INSIDE the intake or on the outside, in the hull. (Only ever fresh water) Clearly water inside the manifold is a problem!! Also, how bout riding with it faulty- any issues or concerns till new one arrives?

+1
    you may go into limp mode
    if you check for the blue sensor almost all dealers stock it because it was part of a recall
    damage to the sensor is done on the inside of the intake my ingesting water or a leaky IC

K. Odd thing was on first two attempts to go out was getting code n alarm. Checked the forum then and read about a couple of bad connection reports. Unplugged n rehooked and tried again with no alarm or codes. Rode hard for good hour or more with no issues. Couple beers on the beach then on restart to head in got code again...

You're scarin me with possible water in intake.. Whats best way to check for that?

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    pressure test intercooler for a definitive answer. When my MATS sensor went I popped the intercooler -> TB hose off and gave the engine a quick rev on the hose to observe the water. I did have some come out so I pressure tested it and it passed. I'm assuming that the water I saw on the hose was from humidity. Only other explanation could be that my IC only leaks when it is hot - which I suppose could be true, but so far I haven't experienced other symptoms.

I had my 04 rxp out this past weekend for the first time this season. (Didn't bother starting them at home just took them straight to the lake) fired up with no problems got the check engine and same code ... Shut the machine off about 20 feet from the ramp , same thing check engine light again same code took my time the our beach spot maybe 5 min pulled the seat unplugged the sensor (it was fully seated, the plug/connector) plugged it back in and it ran like a dream all day

So anyone have any opinions ...? Don't mean to hijack the thread

So, just back from good, hard 2 hr ride, no codes. Pulled air intake tube into manifold three different times, dry as could be. I'll still replace sensor, but just a bit baffled.. Also checked connections, seem just fine..

So, last question.. If indeed I did get some water in intake wouldn't I know that right away? Wouldn't engine sputter or miss? Run like crap? I've never noticed any sort of issue with this....

Thread Information