Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

+1

Riva vs R&d Air Filter Kit

I will buy a Air filter Kit for my FZS SVHO 2014, which is better R & D Pro Comp Air Filter Kit ($269.99) or RIVA Power Filter Kit ($299.99) or other recommendations.
    Why pay $30 more?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by superdavid View Post
    I will buy a Air filter Kit for my FZS SVHO 2014, which is better R & D Pro Comp Air Filter Kit ($269.99) or RIVA Power Filter Kit ($299.99) or other recommendations.
    Why pay $30 more?

this is what i did: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=235881

You do not need the collar just a 3" to 4" elbow will do as well.

Its not the 2014 model but same should apply

+1
    Actually, there are benefits the Riva power filter offers a lesser home built system can't match.

4" molded tubing flows more air, making less air intake turbulent noises
    Velocity stack and throttle body adapter assembly is top quality, making the transition between air intake and TB smooth.
    Included mounting system insures it will not vibrate apart from the throttle body on the engine.

Sure, the first 3" intake I built myself worked. However, it made more turbulence noises, didn't mount easily, and didn't look nearly as nice.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Build your own. I built my 4" intake for $90 and it works perfect. I bet it makes just as much as the Riva or R&D and I didn't have to bend over. Plus trying to pull air through a filter element and a dry bag is basically pointless. If you want your intake to do anything worth a damn. Vent your hull or hook up the factory kanaflex to it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UnleashedBeast View Post
    Actually, there are benefits the Riva power filter offers a lesser home built system can't match.

4" molded tubing flows more air, making less air intake turbulent noises
    Velocity stack and throttle body adapter assembly is top quality, making the transition between air intake and TB smooth.
    Included mounting system insures it will not vibrate apart from the throttle body on the engine.

Sure, the first 3" intake I built myself worked. However, it made more turbulence noises, didn't mount easily, and didn't look nearly as nice.
    there is always a benefit of owning something that has been engineered and specifically built for a particular model of vehicle, but to certain point all it really is is a 4" tube to a filter. On my set up i have zero turbulence noise, and recently having built the one above no issues at all. Sounds mean for sure. But if i were to buy from a company I would go with Riva one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdcoop0428 View Post
    Build your own. I built my 4" intake for $90 and it works perfect. I bet it makes just as much as the Riva or R&D and I didn't have to bend over. Plus trying to pull air through a filter element and a dry bag is basically pointless. If you want your intake to do anything worth a damn. Vent your hull or hook up the factory kanaflex to it.
    I agree with you on this, I noticed on mine once i vented and I just removed the kanaflex from factory as the inlet is pointed right into my K&N it makes a difference, just make sure to install something under the scoop to prevent possible water from flushing in right into the filter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ArslanD View Post
    I agree with you on this, I noticed on mine once i vented and I just removed the kanaflex from factory as the inlet is pointed right into my K&N it makes a difference, just make sure to install something under the scoop to prevent possible water from flushing in right into the filter.
    I run the tube right to my intake. I don't run a filter.

+1
    You put a screen on the outer portion of the tube under cowl?

+1
    You put a screen on the outer portion of the tube under cowl?
    nope it's wide open and I've had a bunch of water crash over the front.

Riva is better. If you go with R&D you might as well make your own for $60 since it's just a pipe and a filter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information