Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Next Step on 09 FX SHO After rev limiter is reached

So far the mods done are, ribbon delete, air intake & free flow exhaust. My skis running great but if I pull full throttle I'm on the limiter, I can feel the bike shake from the limiter kicking in instantly at full throttle, my rpms are pressing the TAC, they are easily over 8k.where do I go from here to get this ski running full performance and into the 70s?

ECU upgrade and new prop is what I think is the next logical course of action, but I just want to make sure I get the right equipment. As for the ECU what would y'all recommend for the upgrade? And for the prop should I repitch the stock one or buy a new one? Thanks in advance.

A new TUNED and balanced prop by the master (jim performance) is the first thing I would do, You're spinning too fast for the ecu.

Follow that up with an R3. Consider future upgrades before you do your engine tune and maybe think about holding off on the ecu till you have all the supporting mods...like cooling system and an intercooler.

Don't forget the tunnel reinforcement and DEF an intake grate.

How is your steering cable looking? Its about that time to consider replacing that too.

Motor mounts

Pump shoe, has that been replaced?

Transom Seal?? has that been done as well?

+1
    Have Jim mod your stock plate with a Leo's pump wedge with an R3 reflash. As for a prop I would get with Jim as for recommendation for an aftermarket prop pitched. Also, a riva intake grate amd pump seal.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonstackhouse View Post
    So far the mods done are, ribbon delete, air intake & free flow exhaust. My skis running great but if I pull full throttle I'm on the limiter, I can feel the bike shake from the limiter kicking in instantly at full throttle, my rpms are pressing the TAC, they are easily over 8k.where do I go from here to get this ski running full performance and into the 70s?

ECU upgrade and new prop is what I think is the next logical course of action, but I just want to make sure I get the right equipment. As for the ECU what would y'all recommend for the upgrade? And for the prop should I repitch the stock one or buy a new one? Thanks in advance.
    I have the same ski with similar mods. I added the Solas impeller for the SHO and noticed a huge difference in hole shot. Getting a top loader intake grate and modified ride plate will help too. I kept the stock grate and plate for now and just added the pump seal kit. You can always do more, but the impeller should be your next upgrade

Just ordered a seal kit, I def plan on utilizing Jim's services come fall when I have to take the ski out of the water, any prop recomendations I can buy online? I'll also order my intake grate as well, just doing anything I can that doesn't take me off of the water. I live in Philadelphia and ride in the Delaware river, I get 4 months max to be on the water and of course I only get out on the weekends and if I'm lucky week nights that I get done work ealry enough, so keeping the ski ready to ride is crucial till October. Thanks for the suggestions guys I'm glad I didn't go and buy the ECU first now

+1
    I am pretty much in the same boat right now. See my sig with everything I have. From standstill to WOT its woot woot woot than catches, if I go 80% Throttle than WOT after a second or two no woot from pump. I am in need of a new impeller or repitch. Looking to get a ride plate as well. With my mods I am at 66.4MPh if I can get solid 70-75MPH I'll be more than happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ArslanD View Post
    I am pretty much in the same boat right now. See my sig with everything I have. From standstill to WOT its woot woot woot than catches, if I go 80% Throttle than WOT after a second or two no woot from pump. I am in need of a new impeller or repitch. Looking to get a ride plate as well. With my mods I am at 66.4MPh if I can get solid 70-75MPH I'll be more than happy.
    I feel ya brother, it sucks I was at 70 bone stock, now I am maxed down to 65ish, granted it was late may when I was running in the 70s, and now its 90-98 with humidity and heat index through the roof and the river I am on honestly goes from not safe to swim in to cold in may to brisk in June and than nice in July and to finally mildly warm in august and September.

All though I am losing top end speed on my bike I am however making out awesome with low end torque, my entire jet stream is different, much larger and faster pumping out of the back of the bike, I can easily through a passenger straight off this thing now if they are not paying attention lol, not that I would do that its just the most easy example I could think of to explain my powerful low end I am getting. I am installing the pump seal Sunday night and hoping to order a new impeller this week at some point, just honestly do not know the best pitch to go with

on a different note I am very happy in how my bikes looking currently, just got done murdering the ski and the trailer out, it looks a lot better with none of that grey trim. I may go back to the chrome under the mirrors and in front of the seat, I haven't decided if I like the black better yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m out with trailer.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	366300

+1
    I feel ya brother, it sucks I was at 70 bone stock, now I am maxed down to 65ish, granted it was late may when I was running in the 70s, and now its 90-98 with humidity and heat index through the roof and the river I am on honestly goes from not safe to swim in to cold in may to brisk in June and than nice in July and to finally mildly warm in august and September.

All though I am losing top end speed on my bike I am however making out awesome with low end torque, my entire jet stream is different, much larger and faster pumping out of the back of the bike, I can easily through a passenger straight off this thing now if they are not paying attention lol, not that I would do that its just the most easy example I could think of to explain my powerful low end I am getting. I am installing the pump seal Sunday night and hoping to order a new impeller this week at some point, just honestly do not know the best pitch to go with

on a different note I am very happy in how my bikes looking currently, just got done murdering the ski and the trailer out, it looks a lot better with none of that grey trim. I may go back to the chrome under the mirrors and in front of the seat, I haven't decided if I like the black better yet.

I wish I knew what pitch to do mine in as well. I need to contact Jim to either repitch my stock one or see if there is one already and just purchase it. But i know what you mean right now my FZR is the same way, if a passenger is on the back they come off soon as i hit it WOT lol, some girls just dont ever learn.

What did you paint your trim with since its rubber rails and all?

I have a 08 FX SHO. With a Stage 1, you should easily get to 72-73mph. You are half way there. Just get an intake grate, Jim's plate, and a 13/22R. The R3 will help but as kwtony said, you will have to get better cooling at the same time. To get to 75+mph, you will need a lot more money. The folks with SVHO, FZS, and FZR's can get there a lot easier and less expensive than us.

[QUOTE=ArslanD;2599742]
    What did you paint your trim with since its rubber rails and all?
    I did the bumpers and gunwale with truck bed liner, this was a learning process lol, but it works great as long as you prep correctly and than let the paint cure to the bumpers for about 4-5 days, letting the paint cure to these was crucial, I first painted them and than went out the next day and the paint did not hold up against the docks and other things that banged against it, but when I did it the right way and let it cure for several days it worked great. . the rubber rails were really easy, I did them with krylon super maxx black satin spray paint, the paint adheres to plastic and rubber really well, I used one can which enabled me to get about 9 coats on them, I had my ski docked up on a steal doc last weekend (it was an emergency situation) but the paint held up no chips at all even with the friction of the metal. I did my chrome accents with plasti dip as I like to change them up weekly and do not want to lose the chrome, right now they are neon green. seat and handle bars I did with vinyl paint and its held up amazing, I was skeptical about the seat, but figured what the hell if it doesn't work I have an excuse to drop the 300 on a bad ass seat cover, but its working great. Oh and the entire trailer is plasti dipped, works amazing has not peeled at all from being submerged, best of all if I ever need to I can peel it off and its currently protecting my trailer from rust and corrosion.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015ttttttttttttt0722_163258(0)-picsay.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	366341

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information