Thread: Good deal ?

Good deal ?

I am a newbie that is wanting to purchase a waverunner.Wanting to see if this was a good deal or if I should keep looking.

2012 FX HO---Never been in water--0 Hours--With new cover and trailer for $9000

I am wanting one to just play on the lake and pull tubes. Will only be riding 10 times a year and just wanted to make sure I could get most of my money back out of it in a year or two if I dont like it.

Thanks

+1
    Kelly Blue Book shows used retail at $7,920 and trade in at $5,470. Single new trailer @$700-800 and Yamaha cover @$250-275. Unfortunately the ski and trailer will keep depreciating. Not bad if you were going to keep it but you'll lose more in a year or two and then with hours on the clock making it a real used ski. I doubt if you'll get most of your money back. Maybe look for a good used one that has already depreciated if your not sure you'll like it.

Thanks for the help erierunner ...I understand I will lose money but was hoping I could at least get $7000 back out of it if I ended up not liking it

bump for some more honest opinions

Lake Lion
    +1
    There are dealers selling new 2014 FX SVHO's for $10,500

Wow.. I've not seen them that low... Any dealers on the east coast or near ky?

+1
    Someone mentioned of a dealer on the North end of Ohio that had good deals. Sorry, I can't find the post and hopefully they'll respond. Prices do jump around by state and cities. If you wanted 7k in a year or two, I think that's workable selling by yourself. With a not so nice Summer in the NEast, I would hope you could get a deal especially with Summer half over. The HO doesn't have a supercharger where the SHO and SVHO does. For playing and tubing, the HO will be fine and less to worry about. If you want speed and do mods later for more speed, then the SHO or SVHO is the way to go. Good luck on your hunt.

Gotcha...I am hoping they might come down a little...Apprecaite the helpful replies

Thread Information