06 r12x after riding it awhile i hit a hard bump and beeper goes off and oil light

Hey guys I have a 06 r12x and it is fine on calm water but as soon as i hit a boat wake or just rough water in general the ski stutters then a moment later the beeper goes off and the oil light flashes and the ski goes into limp mode. if i take the key out till that dash goes out and then restart it. It will run fine until the next hard bump. It just started last week. Yesterday I did a oil change on it and it still does it but now the engine will blip the throttle in limp mode. Last time i tried it i could keep going like 15-20 mph but now it slows down to like 5 mph and blips the throttle. I read other posts on hear that sound somewhat alike but not the same so sorry if this is a repost. Any help is greatly appreciated

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Sounds like a bad connection in your wiring harness, I had my harness rub the side of the hull till it started blowing a fuse

+1
    I know someone who had same symptoms ...oddly enough it turned out to be his exhaust manifold .... Check your oil again see if you can tell if there is any water in it... The water didn't show up in his oil right away when the issue started

Check for water in the oil, as wheresmike suggests. When the exhaust manifold deteriorates, water sometimes begins to find its way into the exhaust stream and thus to the turbo. That morphs the turbo from a boosting device to an obstruction and pretty much limits the ski to about 22 mph.

When you say that the ski is 'fine' on calm water, will it sustain speeds around 60 mph? If yes, I doubt it's the exhaust manifold. Sounds like it is either a short or an open in one of the many wires to the several sensors.

With this as essentially all other problems, you'll assist those who hope to assist you by an accurate reading of the code that it is setting that puts your ski into limp mode. That self diagnostic stuff is the tits when compared to the old, simpler carbureted days.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    check your wiring there are 2 oil sensors see if there is a code store to determine what one it is

there is a oil temp sensor and oil pressure sensor on oil filter if you have code 44 stored then check your wiring and if it's good replace sensor

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Wiring will rub hull by gas tank hard to find

Thread Information