2008 rxt needs new bearing in the motor any recommendations on who to use ??

Hey guys bearings in the motor went can anyone recommend a good reliable mechanic in Long Island ny thanks

+1
    Can you price up an exchange motor?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smoked134134 View Post
    Hey guys bearings in the motor went can anyone recommend a good reliable mechanic in Long Island ny thanks
    Parts wise if you damged the crank you're looking at about $1500 +/- to get the engine fixed (Not just the crank)......Thats you doing ALL the labor......you might want to think about a remanned motor.....If its not done right it will have to be done again.

I spun my #2 bearing but damaged the crank and got a remanned one from SBT....... also had to replace 1 piston and 1 rod.......it cost me about $1650 to get it back in the water......I did all the labor myself

I did the same and bent the crank damaged the bore, rod and piston. Ended up replacing the crank with a WSM one as I tried straightening the OEM and grinding the big ends and it relaxed back to the bent state. Was going to sleeve the bore but was recommended not to as it warps the neighboring cylinder. Went .5 up in size and now its awesome. Mine seized because the prior owner sank it in salt water and over time it rusted up the bearings from sitting around.

Remanned meaning an oem Seadoo motor redone or is that an aftermarket motor ?

So frustrated I have babied this ski since new oil changes every spring and fall cleaned after every use half a can of we 40 after every ride only used 91 octane it has 185 hours on it how does this happen noway I can replace this motor myself I have no mechanic skills

+1
    If you cannot do any of the work, expect $2000 - $2500 (maybe more depending on your area) in parts and labor. The last one I built from the crank up cost me $1300'ish just in parts and machine work.

+1
    Well I bought my 08 TX with 27 hours on it 2 years ago from a Dealer and payed 2Gs more than I should have.......at 35 hours it spun the bearing.......Dealer wouldn't pay for it.....

if that makes you feel any better

If you don't know how to fix it.......its time to learn.....unless of course you have lots money to burn.

Changing out a motor isn't that bad and can be done in an afternoon....you only have to move your accessories (starter, PTO cover. oil pumps etc) from the old motor

4 skis u make it sound easy lol after I pull the motor where do I bring it lol the fact that I actually thought how hard could it be scares the shit out of me I am very handy and have common sense but I don't know the first thing about a motor

+1
    I've only dealt with SBT.....alot of people on here don't like them.....Only had a problem with one that had a weak timing chain but they replaced it under warranty ($250 return shipping though).....They send you the engine and you basically send them back whatever came in the box from your engine.......Dont know what the process or price for an OEM engine is............SBT motor will be about 2500 shipped

Quote Originally Posted by smoked134134 View Post
    4 skis u make it sound easy lol after I pull the motor where do I bring it lol the fact that I actually thought how hard could it be scares the shit out of me I am very handy and have common sense but I don't know the first thing about a motor
    I've done about 6 motor swaps and rebuilds I'm used to it now but 2 years ago I knew Jack shit about seadoo 4tec motors and was in the exact same spot you're in now.........Get the digital repair manual and start reading.......I swear its not that complicated

Thread Information